Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2017, 12:56 AM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

Yeah contacting the Ombudsman has crossed my mind as well. That they don't keep records of all reports made to them seems ridiculous. The effort involved in keeping records of reports would be pretty minimal, I would hope that it's just some employee who screwed up this one time, rather than a common occurrence.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:58 AM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

Spoke over the phone with the regional office for CPS last night, and they agreed that the reports made meet their criteria to start an investigation, and gave me the contact info for the person who will be running that at the local office.

Lesson learned for me, was that we shouldn't deal just with the front line person on the phone, and if they seem unwilling to do anything, immediately ask for the next person in their chain of command. I can sympathise with them to an extent however, when your job consists of spending your day hearing about the worst things imaginable happening to children, drinking and driving, drug abuse and neglect seem comparatively minor.