Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 07:08 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I think you are missing the point on this being heresy. No one is discounting that this may have happened however you have no proof. Which is likely why these agencies are not doing anything. At this point it looks like another ex calling the cops or CPS.
The difference between your situation and the girl on the subway with the dog is that there is document evidence of what she did. You have zero evidence of the ex driving drunk.

CPS, cops and courts don't work on heresy. I would suggest asking this stranger to next time report this to the police immediately. Doesn't hurt to explain to said stranger that you appreciate the heads up but unfortunately no agency will help you as you have not witnessed this first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 07:16 PM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

I'd also just like to state that if I'm coming off as confrontational to anyone, its unintentional, and I apologize. Its an upsetting situation that has me very concerned for the childs safety. I've been pretty involved in her upbringing since she was about 8 months old, and she is as much a part of my family as my own two children are.

I welcome any input, even if its telling me I'm over reacting massively, as differing perspectives are always helpful.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
I think you are missing the point on this being heresy. No one is discounting that this may have happened however you have no proof. Which is likely why these agencies are not doing anything. At this point it looks like another ex calling the cops or CPS.
The difference between your situation and the girl on the subway with the dog is that there is document evidence of what she did. You have zero evidence of the ex driving drunk.

CPS, cops and courts don't work on heresy. I would suggest asking this stranger to next time report this to the police immediately. Doesn't hurt to explain to said stranger that you appreciate the heads up but unfortunately no agency will help you as you have not witnessed this first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what's being stated about heresy, though I'll disagree about nothing being done on it. If a woman reports a rape that occurred to her weeks, months, or even years back in the past, its investigated, even though there is no proof at that point. Apples and oranges though.

Regardless of heresy and such, based on our own knowledge of this individual, and his past behavior, there is zero doubt that the information provided to us is factually accurate. So it would be back to one of my original questions of, is there any possible routes for action we've missed on this?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:43 PM

Should also state, since people are focusing purely on the drinking and driving aspect, the drugs involved with this guy aren't minor. Oxycontin, Cocaine, GHB, and such.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:22 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Child protective services very well might be investigating. They have no obligation to inform you or the "stranger" if they are investigating or of their findings though.

Must be very frightening and frustrating for you.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Child protective services very well might be investigating. They have no obligation to inform you or the "stranger" if they are investigating or of their findings though.

Must be very frightening and frustrating for you.
I hope that's the case, though withholding that info seems odd as it would create unnecessary drama, as seen in my above posts
Old 08-08-2017, 03:25 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled View Post
I get what's being stated about heresy, though I'll disagree about nothing being done on it. If a woman reports a rape that occurred to her weeks, months, or even years back in the past, its investigated, even though there is no proof at that point. Apples and oranges though.

Regardless of heresy and such, based on our own knowledge of this individual, and his past behavior, there is zero doubt that the information provided to us is factually accurate. So it would be back to one of my original questions of, is there any possible routes for action we've missed on this?
You do realize if a woman reports a rape that happened to her it isn't hearsay. It happened to her. Hearsay is reporting what someone else told you happened
Old 08-08-2017, 08:04 AM

The point was about prood, but can we not argue semantics and stay on topic please?
Old 08-19-2017, 12:27 AM

So just some follow on information based on the last week or so..

Having gotten nowhere with CPS over email, phone and in person, I walked into the local MLA's office and spoke with them on Wednesday, they were sympathetic and made some phone calls. Suddenly CPS is very interested and we've gotten multiple from them over the last few days.

What's rather concerning, is they had no record of our previous calls...

We've retained her previous lawyer to get the custody agreement changed and hopefully reduce the father back to supervised access. Should be getting the ball rolling with that next week.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:47 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

That must have thrown you for a loop for sure. I don't know how these agencies work... might be something for you to document and take up with the Provincial Ombudsman in the future.