Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2017, 01:16 AM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
healthy parents who encourage a positive relationship dont have kids who need to go looking.
I dont think this is necessarily true. They may not need to go looking as children or adults, but if they discover it is online they may go looking for curiosity's sake. Thus far my children do not know about court, much less that court decision are online. I didn't know this until the last couple of months and I am middle aged. But when I found it, I did go searching up family last names, people I know, the town I'm from, just to be nosy. If you as an adult knew your parents divorced and you learned that court decisions are online, would you not look out of curiosity, just to see if there was anything there? There is no way I wouldn't. I looked up everyone I was related to, but I am nosy that way. I couldn't believe this type of information was available at the click of a button, to anyone!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:47 AM

foreverhome is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Not all cases are public and healthy parents who encourage a positive relationship dont have kids who need to go looking.
And what you going to do about it, ban kids from google? No one will even ask you or tell you
Old 08-11-2017, 02:48 AM

foreverhome is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbigh View Post
I dont think this is necessarily true. They may not need to go looking as children or adults, but if they discover it is online they may go looking for curiosity's sake. Thus far my children do not know about court, much less that court decision are online. I didn't know this until the last couple of months and I am middle aged. But when I found it, I did go searching up family last names, people I know, the town I'm from, just to be nosy. If you as an adult knew your parents divorced and you learned that court decisions are online, would you not look out of curiosity, just to see if there was anything there? There is no way I wouldn't. I looked up everyone I was related to, but I am nosy that way. I couldn't believe this type of information was available at the click of a button, to anyone!

Good point