Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 11:22 AM

mom2three is on a distinguished road
Default Denying access?

Presently, my ex has temporary custody and the judge ordered "reasonable access". I requested to have the children over the weekend but he refused stating he will not give me the children unless my lawyer goes through his lawyer! Can he do this? Surely someone has to make him understand the court order is sufficient? And just what would "reasonable access" entail? I know he will never let me see the children until we go back to court again and that is not until the first week of June - will he be shooting himself in the foot by doing this?
Old 05-18-2009, 04:41 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

Keep requesting time with the kids, and do so with at least 48 hours notice. Also put in a call to your lawyer and let him/her know you are being denied all access - keep documentation of when you have requested access, for what dates (to show the amount of notice you have given) and his refusals.
He could very well be shooting himself in the foot, but every situation is different as well as the circumstances.

Best of luck
Old 05-18-2009, 06:19 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

reasonable access is such a vague term. What is reasonable to one may not be resonable to another. To me reasonable would be at the minimum every other weekend. Maybe get your lawyer to send his lawyer a fax that you wish to have the kids on such and such a date and time.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:45 AM

thistoshallpass is on a distinguished road
Default Right of the child

In The Best Interest of The Child.” In as much as it is the Right of the Child to have both parents financially support them. It is also the Right of the Child to have access to each parent, it is not the right of the parent.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:16 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoshallpass View Post
In The Best Interest of The Child.” In as much as it is the Right of the Child to have both parents financially support them. It is also the Right of the Child to have access to each parent, it is not the right of the parent.

Agreed! It is also the law.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 PM

Dooly is on a distinguished road

I wish my soon to be EX would read that.... I haven't been "allowed" by her to see my kids in 65 days, every time I get her in court they delay my motions for access, complete and utter BS
Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooly View Post
I wish my soon to be EX would read that.... I haven't been "allowed" by her to see my kids in 65 days, every time I get her in court they delay my motions for access, complete and utter BS
Continuing documenting the delays and requesting the children's access. Request dates of availability of the other party.

To summarize -- It won't look good if the court has to reinstate the children's access.

lv
Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM

Dooly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalvelocity View Post
Continuing documenting the delays and requesting the children's access. Request dates of availability of the other party.

To summarize -- It won't look good if the court has to reinstate the children's access.

lv
I'm assuming you mean it won't look good for her?? I keep a daily log of all activity involving my divorce.
Closed Thread