Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

Fire-crackers, that's a good one.
No offense to hammer, I just thought that was a new funny word to discribe someone. Im not into name calling etc.

Last edited by tugofwar; 11-18-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by representingself View Post
.... and listening to fire-crackers like HammerDad isn't going to help you...
I've been called lots of things, but this is the first time I've been called a firecracker.

I don't what the issue with some of the people here is. The only similarity I can see with those against this is that they are custodial parents here.

And why wouldn't he want to keep a person whom regularly degrades him to his child and doesn't seem to have any respect for him or the courts. I know if I had someone who doesn't believe my time is important and feels they are entitled to determine when I am able to have my parenting time, I would do what I could to either have that person informed that they are not able to make such statements or determinations, or failing that, removed from a caregiving capacity.

I also don't agree that he is being petty here. He is doing what he feels necessary to protect his parenting time, as we all would. You have someone deny access to you, even once, and see how you feel.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 PM

representingself is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
I've been called lots of things, but this is the first time I've been called a firecracker.
It wasn't intended to be derogatory... was more a "description" of an explosive personality.

And as always, just my humble opinion.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by representingself View Post
It wasn't intended to be derogatory... was more a "description" of an explosive personality.

And as always, just my humble opinion.
Wasn't taking it as derogatory, actually got a chuckly out of it. And you'd be surprised at how calm I really am... I do like to state my mind, and I truely believe that the OP does have a case of someone (be it mom, grandpa or a combination of both) messing with his parenting time.

It was more a statement of honestly, I think that was the first time I've ever been called that.

I guess the only point I am trying to make over all my posts is this:

The OP should be the one and only person who decides when he exercises his parenting time. While his ex can express her concerns to him and her reasoning behind it, it is ultimately his decision to make. If he feels like he can look after his child, notwithstanding any illnesses, then that is his choice and he entitled to have the child with him per the court order. For anyone to attempt to prevent this from happening is denial of access, even if they believe they are doing it without malicious intentions.
Closed Thread