Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 08:13 PM

bcman is on a distinguished road
Default custody and guardianship

Does anyone if it's usual to have joint guardianship, and one parent have sole custody(to take care of everyday matter)? thx.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:27 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Joint custody is very common, but works best when both parents can get along (or at least make decisions with the kids best interests in mind). But given what you have told us so far I question if it will work for you. It sounds like your ex is very much controlling your time with your child.

Normally everyday decisions are the responsibility of whichever parent is taking care of the child at the time. Only majot decisions (school, religious, health etc) are decided by either both parents (in joint custody) or the parent with sole custody.

Has custody been settled in your case?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:00 PM

bcman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiechic View Post
Joint custody is very common, but works best when both parents can get along (or at least make decisions with the kids best interests in mind). But given what you have told us so far I question if it will work for you. It sounds like your ex is very much controlling your time with your child.

Normally everyday decisions are the responsibility of whichever parent is taking care of the child at the time. Only majot decisions (school, religious, health etc) are decided by either both parents (in joint custody) or the parent with sole custody.

Has custody been settled in your case?
no, unfortunately custody is still not settled in my case yet. i'm seeking joint custody. in case the court give sole custody to my wife, i think we should at least have joint gurdianship.
Closed Thread