Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2009, 10:17 AM

jkomoski is on a distinguished road
Default 16 year old daughter wants to live with dad

My wife just started a separation with me.

While away on a convention, she moved out of our matromonial home, took everything with her (emptied the house) and took both my 13 and 16 year old daughters with her.

My 16 year old, who fights constantly with her mother wants to live with me in our home. Must I file for custody or is she old enough to decide on her own? If she does live with me, can I force her mother to return the stuff she has taken from our home including appliances and furniture so we can continue to live properly.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:49 AM

tremw is on a distinguished road
Default more information

I too would like to know if it is "legal" for my ex to take things out of the house/garage and move into storage somewhere? I have asked for the BBQ back but being told "it is mine" I paid for it.....these items were removed while I was on holidays with our kids last summer....our seperation has not been finalized yet.
Closed Thread