Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2015, 02:51 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 297
The Iceberg is on a distinguished road
Default Would this be a proper way to start my process?

This is how I planned. To send ex an email saying something like this: Dear ex, since you make significantly more money than I do, and since we have our child on 50/50 basis, I believe it is fair that we come to an agreement that you pay me offset CS of the amount of $__ (half less than she had to pay before through court order) .

Since she claims that she makes peanuts and her brother pays her peanuts and the rest in cash. and if the judge don't impute the income then I might end up paying.

Second thing I wanted to say to her: Our child has been going to ABC school since preschool and now he is in grade 3, I would like you to consent that he finishes his elementary school here and after grade 6 he will be 12 and can choose where to go to junior high.

I am asking for this two things to make an agreement so we do not have to go through court.

If she refuses I will file a motion. Does this sound OK for a self rep to start with?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-21-2015, 12:08 PM
blinkandimgone's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 5,229
blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

If you want to change the court ordered agreement you should request disclosure of her financials both for CS and section 7 division.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2015, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 297
The Iceberg is on a distinguished road

There is nothing court ordered anymore existing.

I asked for her income disclosure and offered mine but she refuses to give and even if she does her income must be imputed because she is cheating on her income.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to start? LifeisLife Divorce & Family Law 4 06-20-2013 11:27 PM
Vexatious, bad faith, abuse of process, unreasonable FamilyBlah Divorce & Family Law 22 07-29-2012 02:24 PM
How do i start the seperation process? undersc0re Divorce & Family Law 38 05-25-2012 04:46 PM
Not a good start.... Toooldforthis Divorce & Family Law 4 06-11-2010 12:26 AM
How to start divorce proceedings ASAP although husband does not want it Margaret-Krupa Divorce & Family Law 3 05-13-2010 04:54 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.