Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2015, 02:51 AM

The Iceberg is on a distinguished road
Default Would this be a proper way to start my process?

This is how I planned. To send ex an email saying something like this: Dear ex, since you make significantly more money than I do, and since we have our child on 50/50 basis, I believe it is fair that we come to an agreement that you pay me offset CS of the amount of $__ (half less than she had to pay before through court order) .

Since she claims that she makes peanuts and her brother pays her peanuts and the rest in cash. and if the judge don't impute the income then I might end up paying.

Second thing I wanted to say to her: Our child has been going to ABC school since preschool and now he is in grade 3, I would like you to consent that he finishes his elementary school here and after grade 6 he will be 12 and can choose where to go to junior high.

I am asking for this two things to make an agreement so we do not have to go through court.

If she refuses I will file a motion. Does this sound OK for a self rep to start with?
Old 10-21-2015, 12:08 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

If you want to change the court ordered agreement you should request disclosure of her financials both for CS and section 7 division.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:06 AM

The Iceberg is on a distinguished road

There is nothing court ordered anymore existing.

I asked for her income disclosure and offered mine but she refuses to give and even if she does her income must be imputed because she is cheating on her income.