Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2017, 06:57 PM

uptohere2017 is on a distinguished road
Default Wondering about an motion to stop support

Hi I'll be filing a motion soon to stop support for my eldest kid who is 23 and graduated about 2 years ago from post-secondary. Nobody told me about this and I found out through other sources. I asked FRO to stop enforcement but they sent her a letter and she didn't agree it should stop. Anyway, I am now having to go to court to stop it. I'm wondering if it I should also request in the motion to be allowed to access to school information for my other child who is also in post-secondary. Neither child talks to me because of parental alienation from their mom. I wish I didn't have to go this route because I think it will make things worse but I don't know what else to do. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:30 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You should file a motion to change and the change is that one child is no longer in school. In your motion you request disclosure of information including transcripts, record of enrollment and program details.

Were you not paying a portion of school expenses?
Old 07-14-2017, 01:55 PM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

would having a stop date in a parenting agreement prevent the need for this?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:25 PM

It should but it doesnt always work. My partner has a stop date in his but his ex is arguing for it to continue claiming health related reasons.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:21 PM

uptohere2017 is on a distinguished road

I had an educational saving account for them that was used. I don't mind at all paying for the children but I don't want the ex taking money she's not entitled to! I can't begin to tell you how bitter and vindictive she has been since I remarried. She told me outright that she would make my life Hell.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM

Which is pretty much how my partner feels. He has no problem paying his portion of the expenses so his kids can get an education but his ex thinks she should get all the money he got from the divorce back. Thats not how it works.