Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 AM

BitHunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
It sounds like you've worked it out for now. But in future, simply advise the ex that March Break (and things like it) are in addition to EOW, and that the schedule doesn't change when they happen.
I have done that. Then I had to drag her to the court where the judge explained it to her that the vacation days are IN ADDITION to the regular weekends. Still, she simply disregards that and starts a fight when there is nothing for her to gain. Not an easy case.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitHunter View Post
I have done that. Then I had to drag her to the court where the judge explained it to her that the vacation days are IN ADDITION to the regular weekends. Still, she simply disregards that and starts a fight when there is nothing for her to gain. Not an easy case.
I would just document and move forward. Don't allow yourself to get dragged into crazy.

I'd simply state when she pulls something like this that clause X of the order provides for Y, and that it is your intention to abide by the order. That should she unilaterally decide otherwise, you will seek the appropriate remedy in court if needed.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:32 PM

nogoingback is on a distinguished road

My SA states that neither parent will ever get three weekends in a row (except during the summer). So if my ex is entitled to a holiday on what would typically be my weekend, and she had the weekend prior, I would have the following weekend. Based on this I put together a google calendar, share it with her online and in print, and ask her to check it over. We don't agree on many things, but this works.