Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2015, 11:44 AM

tmsrtl is on a distinguished road
Default what "defines" a "week"

I am getting the kids for two non-consecutive weeks in July and August, but what defines a "week"? is that any 7 days in a row or from day"A" to day"Z"

we were supposed to discuss vacation beginning of May ( and I did) with me having first choice this year and having that settled by June 1st. Until now, no response to my requests, my July week being next week. I have no clue what the STBX is planning.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:42 PM

BitHunter is on a distinguished road

Actually I have it in writing from a judge that one week is 9 days. It is of course a family court bull cr*p, it helped me a bit, it wont help you at all. It just says that one week can be anything.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:33 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

I have an every other weekend plus weds overnight schedule.

It depends on the judge, or in my case, mediator. Our (big name) mediator insisted it was max 7 days i.e. you could not add a 'week' on to your weekend to make 9 days. My viewpoint was that if it is not specified, it could be 7 days anywhere, possibly concatenated with regular time. I lost that one.

I can see that for organizing (week-based) summer camps, it would be very difficult to work around an EX taking a week starting on a midweek access e.g. Weds-Thurs.

Last edited by dinkyface; 06-30-2015 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:04 AM

The Iceberg is on a distinguished road

Go by the a-z. 7 pm Sunday until 7 pm next Sunday
Old 07-03-2015, 12:00 PM

Dadx5 is on a distinguished road

We had this issue a lot. So originally my order said a week so I was able to add the week on after my weekend. So it was that I was to have friday to sunday as my weekend and I put in my week as Sunday-sunday so it gave me extra time which allowed me to do holidays.

Judge told her when she tried to get me for not returning on her weekend that it was one week not my weekend plus 5 days.

However my daughter's mom didn't like that and was able to get in mediation that it was 5 days plus my weekend.