Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Canadaguy;146204]Do not go for less than 50/50, you owe that to your child. Your child has two parents, not one. Your child should be allowed to see each parent equally.[quote]

I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy View Post
1. Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun with her, Wed/Thur with you. Next week would swap. This is 50/50.
This is effectively known as the "2-2-5-5" schedule more can be found here in more detail:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...plained-13702/

Quote:
2. Week on/off. Swap evey Mon after school. This is 50/50.
This is known as the standard week about schedule.

Quote:
3. Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun with her, Wed/Thur with you. Next week would swap but on your weekends she would get the child Sunday at 5pm. Gives her 1 extra overnight ever 2 weeks. 43/57 split.

4. Mon/Tue/Fri/Sat/Sun with her, Wed/Thu with you. Next week would be
Mon/Tue/Thu with her, Wed/Fri/Sat/Sun with you. 43/57 split.
I would stick with the 2-2-5-5 as it is the most consistent schedule in a 50-5 sitution. Although CanadaGuy, do you have sources for these schedules you can cite? Very interesting patterns and wondering if there was clinical research backing etc...

The other schedule to consider (depending if the children are less than 5 years old) is a 2-2-3 schedule.

Week 1

Mon-Tue with Mother
Wed-Thurs with Father
Fri-Saty-Sun with Mother

Week 2
Mon-Tue with Father
Wed-Thurs with Mother
Fri-Sat-Sun With Father

-- Start again in the Week 1 rotation

I only recommend this when children are less than 5 years of age. I recommend 2-2-5-5 when children are older (or able to manage) as the consistency of knowing that every Mon-Tue they are with one parent and Wed-Thur they are with the other with there being 5 day rotations too that cover this to insure long-weekends can be enjoyed etc. 2-2-5-5 is really better for scheduling music, swimming and other individual activities on you-time without having to get agreement from the other parent that they will take the kids to the activity.

Good Luck!
Tayken