Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2015, 02:14 AM

Baffled_Dad is on a distinguished road
Default Variation of spousal support

Can someone clarify when spousal support amount is determined, is it a fixed amount? Can it be changed and what are the extreme circumstances for it to be changed? An increase in $1000, $5000' $10,000.....? Why is it that a spouse should reap the benefits of an increase in income when your not with them any longer? I only pay SS and In the near future hoping to get a step down to hopefully end support at some point. If I make an extra $5000 or so is she entitled to an increase? I have mentioned In a previous post that in our agreement that we submit to each other or NOA's. She never does. I'll be asking In the new year because I haven't seen 2013,14, and 15. She works fulltime the last 8 years $20/hr, owns her own home and vehicle out right, separated/divorced shy of 6 years, married shy of 17, kids are adults, working.
My income fluctuates $2000-$4000 each year. No where in our agreement it's been noted on the subject of compensentory or noncompensentory SS.