Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 10:00 PM

eightythree is on a distinguished road

Thanks Tayken! You're a good person!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:29 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

She's great, isn't she??!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:38 PM

Absolutely horrible
Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

You're right...terrible.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:40 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightythree View Post
Thanks Tayken! You're a good person!
No problem. Remember that the bonding between parent and child at 8 months is critical for their life time of development. Now is the time to insure that you are given this opportunity to bond with your daughter. She has every right to know, be cared for, love and be loved by you.

If you have challenges with the Case Conference or cannot get them to consent to equal joint custody and equal joint residency feel free to PM me directly. I have all the supporting case law and other materials that can help you position yourself as an equal care giver for your daughter.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
No problem. Remember that the bonding between parent and child at 8 months is critical for their life time of development. Now is the time to insure that you are given this opportunity to bond with your daughter. She has every right to know, be cared for, love and be loved by you.

If you have challenges with the Case Conference or cannot get them to consent to equal joint custody and equal joint residency feel free to PM me directly. I have all the supporting case law and other materials that can help you position yourself as an equal care giver for your daughter.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Thank you very much! If I run into a few speed bumps I will message you and ask you for advice. I can't thank you enough Tayken!
Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tayken...

I'm in the exact same boat as this OP except no DUI. Access denied for 3 months now
Kidling almost 3 yrs. Ex will only offer supervised 2 hours/ week at a tim hortons. This will be her offer for sure at cc on may 22. I would like joint cus. Shared access. Daughter unilaterally removed from matrimonial home (I'm still there). If supervised is her onlt offer Isay no? Been 3 months since my daughters been hidden from me. No charges, clean record, vlean drug/alcohol test.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:15 AM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

i know this is addressed to tayken however,
from all the cases i have read i conclude that on CC you should,

1- ask permission to bring motion for access.

2- on a strict without prejudice basis accept supervised access until the motion date. and make sure you bring a friend along every time who witnesses everything that happens and then sends you a breif summary via email on how things went.

accepting the supervised access will show the judge that you are a serious father and want to see your daughter. dont let time pass, bring the motion the earliest you can otherwise she is continuing to build status quo.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

My issue is that ex is only offering one supervisor option and its impossible. My elderly grandparents who reside in another city and can not drive distances. They also fear the ex will falsely accuse them of something. Ive offered about 8 other supervisor options, police station exchanges, etc. Everything ignored or denied. Now her lawyers offered that I join a waiting list for an access center. He said its s long waiting list and ex has already applied. Its getting to be a bit much. I just want to see our beautiful little girl.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Tayken...

I'm in the exact same boat as this OP except no DUI. Access denied for 3 months now
Kidling almost 3 yrs. Ex will only offer supervised 2 hours/ week at a tim hortons. This will be her offer for sure at cc on may 22. I would like joint cus. Shared access. Daughter unilaterally removed from matrimonial home (I'm still there). If supervised is her onlt offer Isay no? Been 3 months since my daughters been hidden from me. No charges, clean record, vlean drug/alcohol test.
Well, you should have after the first week filed an urgent motion for an order of joint custody and equal access. You could have done this prior to the hearing of a case conference. Waiting 3 months to establish access is a very bad idea. I always recommend that to do it in the "weeks" time frame and not "months".

Read this case law as to why:

CanLII - 2014 ONSC 1377 (CanLII)

Quote:
58. There are consequences to the fact that the Applicant ended up doing nothing – for eight full months. Time moves on. Children move on. The Respondent and Kira moved on. And really, it is difficult to blame the mother for seeking out a family support network, in the face of such ambiguous and half-hearted involvement from the father.
You don't want to wait too long. 3 months may have been too long for some justices. You also can't resolve anything at a CC. You should be going to motion on this if you have evidence that the other parent is denying access and information.

Good Luck!
Tayken