Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2017, 07:24 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road
Default Uncontested Trial Question

OK, so both myself and my Respondent had lawyers. My respondent refused to do disclosure. Was due six minds ago. Last week filed for uncontested trial. I thought I would have a date scheduled and see a judge eventually. But they made a ruling in closed chambers for my uncontested trial. I filed last week, on Tuesday. Today I received a final order - custody, retro and full support. Life insurance was excluded, all using an impression income including rental. I was shocked it happened that fast. It said FRO to collect according to SDO whatever that means. I still need to google that.

I wonder if Links is right, in my respondents case too. I have no idea what went on between him and his lawyer. But since retained in November, I'd say not much.

Not for me to worry about but I do kinda feel bad for the guy, if he had to pay a retainer or whatnot. It's an older lawyer too, fairly established
Old 01-20-2017, 07:51 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

SDO - Support Deduction Order.
This is required by maintenance enforcement agencies to collect monies owed to you. You can find out more about it by going to the maintenance enforcement agency in your province (Ontario - Family Responsibility Office).

Never feel bad for the loser.

Congratulations!
Old 01-20-2017, 09:18 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road

Does support deduction order mean garnished wages?