Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 02:41 PM

RKM is on a distinguished road
Default Uncontest Trial/Close Chambers

Hello,

I have been following Bellbaby's post on filing for an uncontested trial to the tee... and I did, and requested the decision to be made in chambers.

They gave me an Uncontested Trial date for in front of the Judge. It's three and a half months away - ugh. I was wondering if anyone knows if I filed this correctly for the decision to be made in closed chambers (hoping it goes by faster?) or if its just a wait it out thing and they decide if its in closed chambers or not =/

Thank you.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:46 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
They gave me an Uncontested Trial date for in front of the Judge.
The decision will be made at the uncontested trial; it will not be done in chambers.

I am not familiar with any jurisdictions that have uncontested trials without the Applicant appearing - showing up and doing the dance may have been your destiny in your jurisdiction regardless.