Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 PM

sufferer is on a distinguished road
Default Trial decision

Hello everyone,

Finally got my trial decision just under 6 months.Fair enough and funniest part is matches 90% to the previous orders.
So i wonder what does trial means and what took it so long.
Mr Judge was very fair person and didn't change almost anything when it came to cs and its arrear and increased the access by few hrs.

Thanks to everyone who helped.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:22 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Glad that it ended and hopefully you can move on, accept what is, find happiness.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:05 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

My "decision" took forever too. Just over 5 months. The wait was excruciating and considering how long it took for the Court to issue/certify the "order" - it's still hell. 5 months waiting for a "decision" - and another 7 for FRO to get the paperwork. That's a long time to get hung out to dry. Moving on, is easier said than done. Judges should not sit as long as they do on their decisions. Especially the uncomplicated ones - which mine was. Support implies need. Need of the Child(ren). Why a Judge would put a single parent already cash strapped and their child(ren) into further financial ruin, with their delayed decisions is beyond me. So big whoop: I have an order and now months later, FRO is on board. I still haven't rec'd the proper ordered amount. Old arrears are huge and the new ones are piling up. Ex has the ability to pay, but just doesn't. I was left hanging for too long. Hoping that there was justice. The system that we turn to when our ex's are unreasonable, in an effort to get "moving on" and get our lives on track does not care about families. It's a rubber stamp assembly line. I hope things work out for you.
Closed Thread