Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2014, 01:21 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
Congratulations! I really admire your determination and hard work in the face of someone who is clearly very disturbed and dangerous (and seems to have a whole crew of enablers - what is wrong with her family and friends???). Your son is very lucky to have you for a father

On a lighter note, I had to laugh at the reference to the ex's brother and his friends out in the backyard "bending pigeons" while the shenanigans with OFW were going on - now they're animal abusers too! (I assume the judge meant they were "banding" pigeons, not "bending" them").
I laughed at that too.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:36 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
Hello All

As promised here is decision for the Trial 2014 (#2) for those who follow nightmare we have to go through.

2014 ONSC 915 (CanLII)

Did not have opportunity to read it closely yet but hopefully it's my last trial and we can get back to normal life (without the court on regular basis).

Regards,
WD
WD:

Thank-you for posting and sharing this with the forum. I will write up a much more detailed overview of the case law with some insights into how the evidence was evaluated.

Please do share this case law with Stephen Watkins as it is very important to his cause at iCHEAPAU as well. This like the other two postings on CanLII are significant.

It is a blessing to the members of this forum and the silent people reviewing this site to have access to such first-hand knowledge. It is also motivational to a number of unrepresented (and represented) litigants to know that a lay person can tackle such a complex matter.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 02-24-2014, 01:52 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
... someone who is clearly very disturbed and dangerous (and seems to have a whole crew of enablers - what is wrong with her family and friends??? ...
Stripes,

I have a theory, based on my personal review of evidence based medical journals regarding the family relationships involving Axis II disorders of the personality that is best described by Dr. Christine Ann Lawson (Author: Understanding the Borderline Mother)...

This theory is that personality disorders are an inherited disorder. SImilar to Dr. Lawson's perspective the various architypes of personality disorders can spread to offspring... Therefor a "WITCH" (borderline) architype mother can raise a "HERMIT" (avoidant) architype child.

Furthermore it has been observed in general situations Axis II disordered people often group together (cluster). Look at Jim Jones and the People's Temple as an example. You have a possible Axis II Cluster B disordered leader (Jim Jones) who leads a congregation of Cluster C (potentially) dependent / avoidants. They thrive and support on each other... To the point that when their leader calls upon them... They will "drink the kool aid" and commit mass suicide together.

What we may be witnessing in this case law is a similar "mass suicide" (theory) of lies... This matter isn't that different than that of a group "cult" mentality that the leader is "right"...

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 02-24-2014, 02:30 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
WD:
Please do share this case law with Stephen Watkins as it is very important to his cause at iCHEAPAU as well. This like the other two postings on CanLII are significant.
Whats iCHEAPAU?
Old 02-24-2014, 02:47 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by involveddad75 View Post
Whats iCHEAPAU?
The iCHAPEAU Association – Parents working to STOP Parental Child Abductions

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...-canada-14191/
Old 02-24-2014, 02:49 PM

Amazing work WorkingDad.

The lengths people go is sometimes amazing.

Your child is very lucky to have you.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:28 PM

Truisms Exposed: “Prepare for battle. I will never leave this…”

I write this in tribute to Alexander and Christopher Watkins, born citizens of Canada, who were criminally abducted from Canada by their mother, name, and their grandfather, name, who was convicted of abduction by the Honourable Justice name, on date in Newmarket, Ontario. Their story inspired me to dedicate a significant portion of my personal time to research the topic of parental child abduction.

Alexander and Christopher Watkins continue to be illegally harboured in the country of Poland by a corrupt government, court system and officials in contravention of The Hague Convention and a number of international treaties.

This case, 2014 ONSC 915 (CanLII), is the prime example of why I rant about ad nauseum on this forum.

Let us set the record straight that the Applicant Mother was found on the totality of the evidence before the Honourable Justice Harper was found to be planning to abduct the child. (para. 40)

“Prepare for battle. I will never leave this…

This quote can be found early on and in para. 8 from the Applicant mother and is a common theme that a parent whom plans to and/or has abducted their child will often utter when they have had an unfavorable decision ordered against them.

Often, child abduction becomes their “last resort” because the legal system has “failed” to recognize them as the “winner” of the “battle” or believe their "truths". These kinds of litigants don’t fight for compromise and balance but, to obliterate their opponent, the other parent.

The Respondent Father as an “obsession” of the Applicant Mother

One of the key elements/factors to parental child abduction is a false allegation of “domestic violence” and/or “child abuse”. It is unfortunate but, most if not all of these matters are drenched in possibly deluded beliefs that the target parent is “abusive”.

It often becomes an obsessive theme in what they present or try to "create" as evidence. The other parent is the "all bad" parent and they are the "all good" parent. They often are dumbfounded why others don't see the other parent in the same "obsessive" and "hateful" light as them.

This case is no different than the others where children have been abducted (re: Watkins, Caetano and Nowacki) and contains this common and repeated theme:

Quote:
10 … he (Respondent Father) claims that (Respondent Mother) became obsessed with trying to show that he was a neglectful father. She took the child to numerous medical appointments to try to show that the child was not eating properly and losing weight. She complained to the Children’s Aid Society (CAS) and the police on numerous occasions, trying to demonstrate that (the Respondent Father) was physically abusing the child. Many of these alleged incidents will be outlined below.
False allegations of “child abuse” para 12 to 17
Going through public housing systems, victim of Munchhausen's Syndrome. My whole life I was made to believe I was sick when I wasn'tEminem
There is a very common theme observed by experts such as Louisa Lasher about the conduct of parents who are obsessive about their children’s health. It has been observed by Ms. Lasher and others that falsification behavior may include deliberate false allegations by the perpetrator - (including exaggerating and/or fabricating and/or inducing one or more problems with regard to the victim's health). For example, medical issues (as a problem or suspected neglect) may be exaggerated and/or fabricated and/or induced to gain an advantage.

This pattern of behavior is recognized as child abuse and to weigh a child with the obsession to demonstrate the other parent is “abusive” (neglectful) is ABUSIVE:

Quote:
[17] I find that all of the above conduct is abusive to the child. (The Applicant Mother’s) blind obsession does not allow her to see the child’s needs or the impact of what she is doing to the child by her conduct. A prime example of this is the evidence of (the Applicant Mother’s) constant feeding of the child at a time when the child was suffering from constipation. (the Applicant Father) testified that a paediatrician, Dr. Steele, was treating the child for constipation. (The Applicant Mother) knew about this. It took almost all of 2012 to resolve itself. Despite this problem with constipation, (the Applicant Mother) constantly fed the child. (The Respondent Father) emotionally described in his evidence how this would cause the child to have severe cramping pains.
In addition to the above abuse of the child in question, the Applicant Mother continued to make further false allegations of abuse and in such a manner that it became transparent to the CAS and Police that she was doing so to better her case. (para. 18 to 19)

One does have to question what it takes to have the police and CAS lay criminal mischief charges for such conduct?

At least the Applicant Mother has been found in contempt for her ABUSIVE conduct and the Honourable Justice Harper identifies this in para. 20:

Quote:
[20] I find that she is in contempt of the order of Justice Pazaratz by not notifying (the Applicant Father) of the St. Joseph’s Emergency visit, the McMaster hospital visit, and by taking the child to the walk-in clinic to get weighed inappropriately without notifying the father as she was required to do under Justice Pazaratz’ Order of November 9, 2011.
To be continued…

Last edited by Tayken; 02-24-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:52 PM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

WorkingDad you're an amazing person, and a hero, though I'm sure you don't feel like one. Thank you for sharing your story.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:27 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

I look back at when I first met WD. He had his recommendation from the OCL, and to be honest, it recommended a better situation then I had. I suggested he work with it if possible, not knowing the amount of crazy that he was up against. I could tell he was stressed, frustrated, but without background, I didn't know why. I now have background. To be honest, I feel bad for even suggesting that he do anything other then what he did.

Good on you man for sticking to your guns, educating yourself and doing the damn near impossible.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
I look back at when I first met WD. He had his recommendation from the OCL, and to be honest, it recommended a better situation then I had. I suggested he work with it if possible, not knowing the amount of crazy that he was up against. I could tell he was stressed, frustrated, but without background, I didn't know why. I now have background. To be honest, I feel bad for even suggesting that he do anything other then what he did.

Good on you man for sticking to your guns, educating yourself and doing the damn near impossible.
And this is something we all need to be aware of giving advice without full disclosure.