Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2015, 10:10 AM

abuseddad is on a distinguished road
Default Travel overseas prior to seperation agreement

So travel tickets were booked before the pursing the separation from the SBTX. The question is legally can she refuse for the kids to travel overseas, even there is no agreement or even a court order? She keeps on threatening that she won't allow the kids to travel. It is a 2 weeks vacation and I have no property in the other country. I have a job here . No immediate family there. So chances to of arguing that I will be abducting the kids is zero.

Any advice to stop her threats? Any legal step I should take to ensure the travel still goes on, till seperation agreements are signed?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2015, 10:43 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Is the country a member of the Hague convention? If it is not, that is all she can really hang her hat on. If it is, then her arguments against become very limited.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 AM

Unfortunately the country is not part of the Hague convention unfortunately. One thing is the tickets were booked for me, STBX and the kids and I can give her the kids passports over there as a sign of good well.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:49 PM

nfc4ever is on a distinguished road

As good as your intentions may be, if you hand the kids' passports over there is a chance that you may not get them back in time for the trip. Can you offer a peace bond?

Do you have trip cancellation insurance? Would this even be covered under a policy for cancellation?

I'm assuming that the ex is aware of your itinerary, and so forth. Is there internet where you're going? Can you offer to get the kids on a skype call with their mom while you're travelling to show that they are a-ok?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:28 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuseddad View Post
Unfortunately the country is not part of the Hague convention unfortunately. One thing is the tickets were booked for me, STBX and the kids and I can give her the kids passports over there as a sign of good well.
your ex is still going on the trip with you and the kids??
Old 06-05-2015, 12:47 AM

The plan as she started the separation is to take the kids for half of the trip and I take them for half.