Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2017, 01:34 PM

Tandem80 is on a distinguished road

Her lies are that I am in arrears (I've over paid $800 over the years) she said I have never disclosed my income (I have proof income taxes were provided) I have proof of her telling me to keep support the same after showing her it should be increased. I have proof of her demanding section 7 expense she had never asked for consent on etc etc the lies went on and on.

Yes I am pointing all of this out....maybe just maybe she will think before she says conflicting things in her correspondence to me in the future.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:57 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem80 View Post
Her lies are that I am in arrears (I've over paid $800 over the years) she said I have never disclosed my income (I have proof income taxes were provided) I have proof of her telling me to keep support the same after showing her it should be increased. I have proof of her demanding section 7 expense she had never asked for consent on etc etc the lies went on and on.

Yes I am pointing all of this out....maybe just maybe she will think before she says conflicting things in her correspondence to me in the future.

Dont bet on it. Difficult ex's are what makes lawyers rich.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:59 PM

Isn't that the truth! That's why they just get away with stuff cause eventually you just give them what they want cause it's cheaper than lawyer fees
Old 10-20-2017, 04:02 PM

My partners ex has yet to file for movement on their case where she is claiming $20,000 outstanding for post secondary and cs even though her request is not only outside the terms of their agreement but also against the law.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:02 PM

What is the point in even having an agreement when mother just continues to not follow it and do as she pleases?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
What is the point in even having an agreement when mother just continues to not follow it and do as she pleases?

Thats exactly what my partner said.
Old 10-20-2017, 04:07 PM

Such BS! Family law pft
Old 10-20-2017, 08:06 PM

foreverhome is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oldest of our kids is 13. We have had a order for several years and we're negotiating some changes with access, support and section 7 expenses.

I requested I would like in the new order that the children would be responsible for 1/3 of their postsecondary.

My ex says she does not wish to discuss at this time. We've been at this since may and have accumulated thousands of dollars in back and forth lawyer fees.

I feel strongly about the children contributing but at the same time if I push this I worry this will piss her off and all the process made will be for nothing.

Suggestions?

Also her lawyer is sending a draft consent order does this mean we're seeing a light at the end of the tunnel here?

I know I won't be satisfied with everything I requested as it will just revert to our original order...choose my battles?
Your kids are under 13 years of age. It is too early for them to decide that they will pay 1/3 of their education. And if your ex is against it, nothing you can do right now. What is the rush?
Old 10-20-2017, 08:08 PM

No rush just wanted to reduce future lawyer fees and see if we could agree to it now. I'm ok to discuss at a later date.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 PM

Default Do you have to respond to an affidavit

If you have come to an agreement outside of court?

Would it be bad to not defend myself with proof of lies told?

Would it be bad to not have the courts know I disagreed with almost every single statement made?

If an agreement is reached...is it still necessary to respond?