Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 PM

Jouie is on a distinguished road
Default TIME TABLE Divorce Process

I have been following this forum for more than a year now and I have to tell you it has helped me with relevant information. I am grateful to those who have contributed to this forum.
I left the matrimonial home November 2012, retained a lawyer (an excellent one) February 2013 - we have been sending correspondence to my soon to be ex and her lawyer. Since no response has been received at that time I went ahead and submitted my application and have it served to her in September 2013 (she was successfully served in October). We were finally able to come into agreement (both parties signed form 25) on December 2, 2013. My lawyer and I submitted form 36 and form 25A on December 18, 2013.
My questions are: Do I have to do additional steps or am I just waiting for my divorce order in the mail? Does anybody here have an experience how long approximately will I have to wait for it? I reside in Brampton. Thank you very much.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:31 PM

Brampton, ON courthouse - Does anybody here know approximately how long should I wait for my divorce order to be signed by a judge?
Old 02-24-2014, 04:45 PM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouie View Post
Brampton, ON courthouse - Does anybody here know approximately how long should I wait for my divorce order to be signed by a judge?
Mine was done in Brampton a year ago and at that time it was roughly 60 days. Brampton is known for having long wait times. 90 days is not unheard of.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
Mine was done in Brampton a year ago and at that time it was roughly 60 days. Brampton is known for having long wait times. 90 days is not unheard of.
My separation agreement was submitted in June Signed in July and not delivered to my lawyer from the court until Sept.

Divorce was submitted Sept Signed by judge Oct 11th and received in December.

All were done in Brampton
Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 PM

Thank you so kindly. I sent my divorce order on Decemeber 18, 2013. Hopefully I will receive it back (signed by a judge) in March.