Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2017, 12:45 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Make sure you have his social insurance and any and all work info. You may also need to keep updating FRO on his whereabouts if you know where he is working.

When I was a kid there was no FRO. We were obligated to search for my father and provide updates on our case file to an automated number. Nothing was ever done and I am not sure if he was ever forced to pay out of his taxes. Its not something I discuss with my father now and he knows any talk of child support or taking credit for what I have accomplished on my dime is off the table.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:59 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road

I was at family Court one day to get a copy of my file. So I'm sitting there. A bunch of lawyers who all knew one another were next to me. So if course I eavesdropped. They were talking about civil suits. This was all very random! I jumped in and said if someone is being sued in another court, his would I know. They said you need to know the territory they live in. Then go search the computer in the courthouse for their name. They pointed me, literally twenty feet away, to a computer. So I searched the guys name. Two results! He's being sued in both small claims and civil for not paying credit cards and a line of credit. Back to the lawyers I went. Asked them can I and how do i see the file. They said walk up to that window and give them the court number. So I did. In the file - credit card application. I got his SIN number, boss contact info, work info, most recent salary, mother's maiden name, everything.

All on a hunch. It was just so, so random.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:06 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

There you go! Keep all that info handy as you will need it for your filing with FRO.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:08 PM

The only thing left to figure out if how to find his assets. I did a title property search so I have that. But no idea for the rest. May be a lost cause.

The way he treated me, and grim what his girlfriend told me he did to her, even her cousin told me I was the only one that could put Karma on him. They're Muslim so it was broken English...
Old 01-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They're Muslim so it was broken English...
My English is way better than yours.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:04 PM

Lol. I'm Canadian and my English, grammar, working is awful. I'm off the spell checker generation. But still, not an excuse. Lol
Old 01-12-2017, 05:05 PM

See! Not working. Writing I meant
Old 01-12-2017, 05:34 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't worry about it, OP, working is awful

Good for you for making it one step ahead. Sign up with FRO when you can, they have resources you won't have.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellbaby View Post
Lol. I'm Canadian and my English, grammar, working is awful. I'm off the spell checker generation. But still, not an excuse. Lol
My implication was that you were speaking like a racist. Being Canadian and Muslim are not mutually exclusive either.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:00 AM

Your right links - it could've come off as racist! I should've said born and raised in Canada speaking English all my life (and slovanian as a child but that was as much as I hate to admit, years ago).