Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/)
-   Divorce & Family Law (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f3/)
-   -   Supervised access providers (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f3/supervised-access-providers-21163/)

Teddie 07-04-2017 08:36 AM

Supervised access providers
 
My ex wife is ordered to have 2 supervised visits of no more than 3 hours each per week. Her family and friends are not allowed to supervise as she has criminal court next year and there is worry that under their supervision she will try to influence the victim, our child.

A relative of mine was supervising visits until they finally had enough of her conduct and rude emails every time they were unavailable to supervise.

We are on the waiting list for family services ottawa's access centre. They only offer 1 2 hour visit every 2 weeks, this only takes care of 2 of the 8 visits my ex is granted.

Does anyone know of other options? There is a place in Blackburn hamlet but they charge $40 per hour.

We are really stuck here. This is a terrible situation.

Beachnana 07-04-2017 04:04 PM

I guess your ex needs to learn to behave or she will have to pay for visits at $40 shot.

Surely you are not responsible to solve her problem. She was rude and troublesome to your family members who were trying to help out.

Some tough attitude needed there.

OrleansLawyer 07-04-2017 05:13 PM

If you are willing to travel, the Rose Garden has a much shorter time frame. Their contact info can be found at: Contact Us - THe Rose Garden Family support Centre

Quote:

There is a place in Blackburn hamlet but they charge $40 per hour.
Unless you are willing to travel, if you need private services then you will either be waiting/dependent on FSO or it will cost money. While the SDRC should be avoided for all things related to family law, they can provide supervision and $40/hour is about the market rate.

Teddie 07-05-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachnana (Post 222052)
I guess your ex needs to learn to behave or she will have to pay for visits at $40 shot.

Surely you are not responsible to solve her problem. She was rude and troublesome to your family members who were trying to help out.

Some tough attitude needed there.

Exactly. Someone providing supervision out in the community is a look better than an access centre. Hopefully there is a change in attitude.

Teddie 07-05-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer (Post 222054)
If you are willing to travel, the Rose Garden has a much shorter time frame. Their contact info can be found at: Contact Us - THe Rose Garden Family support Centre



Unless you are willing to travel, if you need private services then you will either be waiting/dependent on FSO or it will cost money. While the SDRC should be avoided for all things related to family law, they can provide supervision and $40/hour is about the market rate.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0