Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2016, 04:56 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

I agree with the other posters, this isn't emergency motion territory (although it is really annoying territory).

Can one of your family members drive the kids? If so, problem is solved. If not, tell ex that she has already consented to the trip and you expect to see the kids at the airport in Florida when they arrive from their flight. How she gets them to the airport is up to her. A limo is available if she would like to take advantage of it. Either she will get the kids to the airport (problem solved) or she won't (in which case you're justified in asking her to refund the costs of the kids' travel, which sucks but which may be necessary, and it sounds like you're already in court proceedings with her so just tack this on to the list).

Chalk it up to lessons learned - in future, if you plan holidays with the kids make sure you are in charge of their travel from door to door rather than relying on ex. Yes, she should be more responsible and co-operative but she isn't and unless you really have a dire emergency no court will make her behave better, so you have to adjust (or fight constantly).
Old 11-29-2016, 05:04 PM

bake is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
so just ask one of your family members to take them to the airport to see if anyone can.

Like I said before I don't think this falls under "emergency" motion standards.
If I could confirm that one of my siblings could drive them I would have already done so and not have to deal with this b/s. I would also save some money for not having to get an airport shuttle/limo. I have given my ex options to drive them if that made her feel better, but she hasn't responded, so I feel like I have no other recourse.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Its not worth the court date. Although her gatekeeper tendencies do need to be shut down.

Your kids are 16 and 12. Have you tried talking to them to see if they have any issues?

My partner ran into this type of problem with his ex. She wanted him to pay her travel and parking to get them to the train for his visits. There was public transit available and the kids took it for their own social activities on a regular basis. Mom as gatekeeper didnt want them doing it for time with dad and pulled this stunt saying she wouldnt take them. He sent her notice that she was denying him time with his kids and if she had a serious issue the kids were welcome to take transit. She backed off and continued to drive them, park and sit with them until the train left. Unfortunately because she was such a control freak she managed to turn them against him so really that was a limited success.

Your ex is being ridiculous. I cant imagine your kids being happy to be stuck at home instead of in florida. If you cant have a relative drive them then push back on the denying access and also feel out the kids to see what they say. Shes pushing your buttons knowing youll freak out. Find a way around it
Thanks for your reply Rockscan...
My kids are very much looking forward to going to Florida and are completely fine with going to the airport and flying down on their own.

I think I will try the route of sending a letter to her lawyer and saying that she has already consented to the travel and now is putting on stipulations, refused to re-sign the court ordered parental co-coordinator agreement (which would quickly and easily deal with this matter) and has not responded to my proposal of allowing her to drive the kids to the airport...
Letting him know that I have no other re-course but to file a motion.
This way I will have exhausted all my options and can demonstrate to a judge that I tried everything to avoid bring this trivial issue before the courts
Old 11-29-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
I agree with the other posters, this isn't emergency motion territory (although it is really annoying territory).

Can one of your family members drive the kids? If so, problem is solved. If not, tell ex that she has already consented to the trip and you expect to see the kids at the airport in Florida when they arrive from their flight. How she gets them to the airport is up to her. A limo is available if she would like to take advantage of it. Either she will get the kids to the airport (problem solved) or she won't (in which case you're justified in asking her to refund the costs of the kids' travel, which sucks but which may be necessary, and it sounds like you're already in court proceedings with her so just tack this on to the list).

Chalk it up to lessons learned - in future, if you plan holidays with the kids make sure you are in charge of their travel from door to door rather than relying on ex. Yes, she should be more responsible and co-operative but she isn't and unless you really have a dire emergency no court will make her behave better, so you have to adjust (or fight constantly).
Thank you all for your comments and input, much appreciated....
First and last time kids will travel without me for any portion of the trip
Old 11-30-2016, 01:29 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Thank you all for your comments and input, much appreciated....
First and last time kids will travel without me for any portion of the trip
Best idea. When you can't trust the other parent to do the right thing you basically end up having to do everything yourself. It totally sucks that have to do this but, it will end the grief for you and the kids.