Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 05:17 PM

anxious is on a distinguished road
Exclamation STBX won't agree to a court date

STBX recently released by his lawyer. My lawyer is trying to book a date but STBX says he's not available on Wednesdays (motion days). Any ideas as to how we might overcome this game-playing to be able to book a date?
Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

If it's a motion book it on a Wednesday. Tough luck for him, let him explain to a judge why he's not available

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2014, 01:31 AM

Moon is on a distinguished road

Have you solved this problem?
Old 03-23-2014, 06:36 AM

anxious is on a distinguished road
Default No

No, this problem has not been solved.

We're also looking for a solution to how to serve him. He avoids all attempts. Since we can do so by letter, we're thinking of copying him at his office, his home, his girl friend's home, and his email. Hope we can show a Judge that we used all efforts to advise him.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:01 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxious View Post
No, this problem has not been solved.

We're also looking for a solution to how to serve him. He avoids all attempts. Since we can do so by letter, we're thinking of copying him at his office, his home, his girl friend's home, and his email. Hope we can show a Judge that we used all efforts to advise him.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Process Server is the best bet for someone trying to avoid service. It's not the cheapest option, but it's the best option.

I had my ex served by process server when he went for an access visit (not with my child, with his other child). If you give the process server accurate time, car description, person description, they can have them served with no fuss to anyone else around. The process server I hired went to the location 10 mins before he was due to show up and served him as he exited his car.