Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2015, 08:06 AM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road
Default STBX has now gone silent - WTF

Ok, an entire week has gone by.... no word from STBX's lawyer on purchasing my half and the one other real offer on the house has evaporated because STBX said she would buy my half.

One of the reasons I am afraid to burn my bridges with agent right now is that STBX has long track record of screwing me at any opportunity. Having a third party around like agent involves another neutral party and I think helps keep STBX on side.

Also if STBX backs out, it has to go back on market.

The big problem is that the place has been vacant, so its insured with a vacancy rider that will expire at end of calendar year.

So my question is if we end up having lost the one and only offer on the house because of STBX making an offer which she renegs on, what sanctions can I ask the courts for ? Maybe an order removing her involement in the sale ?

The bigger problem is if the property goes uninsured because it doesn't get sold. Ultimately its STBX's fault. Can I go after her for reckless depletion during division of assets ?

Really stressed out about it. Any help would be most appreciated.

much love

PND
Old 08-07-2015, 07:29 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

You can go to court and ask for an order to sell the home.
You will both be required to maintain the insurance on the property and can ask for an order that she pay half.
There is only so much you can do with an unco-operative spouse and lawyer. Do what you legally can to protect yourself then let it go.