Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2015, 07:55 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

So the original assessment supported primary to your ex? You’ve come so far, do you remember when you first started posting here? Wowzers.

Judges won’t be eager to make a determination on OCL matters, you need to give them a relatively fair parenting plan for all 4 kidlets to supplement the existing custody regime/plans and supplant the original report, else you might hit a judge who agrees a new assessment should be completed.

Now that the D14 has moved to you, what access for this kidlet have you implemented with the ex? You can't appear to be gatekeeping and I would suppose you'll soon start hearing accusations of alienation from the ex (a term too often thrown about this forum by many unhappy posters). And allegations of alienation will open the door. If the ex is being limited to time with the eldest, I could see some cause for concern - enough for a judge to consider a new report is required to determine the best interests of the eldest.

How are D14's marks in school, have they improved or stayed equivalent during the transition? Other than the above alienation concerns (what else could be argued as ‘clinical concerns’ if the D14 is doing well?), I think you rely on Baillie and related cited cases, which seem to fairly clear state that OCL assessments are not to be used as a tool to settle custody disputes. Were you able to find the Epstein commentary? If not, pm me and I’ll try to cut/paste it into a pm/ email.
Old 07-16-2015, 09:41 AM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
So the original assessment supported primary to your ex? You’ve come so far, do you remember when you first started posting here? Wowzers.
Thank you.

Quote:
Judges won’t be eager to make a determination on OCL matters, you need to give them a relatively fair parenting plan for all 4 kidlets to supplement the existing custody regime/plans and supplant the original report, else you might hit a judge who agrees a new assessment should be completed.
agreed

Quote:
Now that the D14 has moved to you, what access for this kidlet have you implemented with the ex? You can't appear to be gatekeeping and I would suppose you'll soon start hearing accusations of alienation from the ex (a term too often thrown about this forum by many unhappy posters). And allegations of alienation will open the door. If the ex is being limited to time with the eldest, I could see some cause for concern - enough for a judge to consider a new report is required to determine the best interests of the eldest.
D14 is really starting do dislike STBX. D14 had her bank account emptied (3000.00) by STBX. I have been able to show D14 that STBX was fundementally lying about me. Evertime I have managed to have D14 visit STBX, ends up in screaming match or some other disaster. D14 sees now what STBX is really motivated by. $$$$ Its very sad.

Quote:
How are D14's marks in school, have they improved or stayed equivalent during the transition? Other than the above alienation concerns (what else could be argued as ‘clinical concerns’ if the D14 is doing well?), I think you rely on Baillie and related cited cases, which seem to fairly clear state that OCL assessments are not to be used as a tool to settle custody disputes. Were you able to find the Epstein commentary? If not, pm me and I’ll try to cut/paste it into a pm/ email.
I am an engineer, so her math and science with my help have gone to A's. Also an A student in English. Other more ancillary subjects ( I won't name them as I dont wish to offend) have slid a bit.

STBX is doing a fine job of alienating D14 on her own. Doesn't need my help.

Long and the short of it is, the OCL clinician is afoot of matters... why do we have to start over ?
Old 08-01-2015, 07:41 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

PLD, July was crazy(but fun!) with long weekends away, crazy deals, etc. -- where are you now?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:49 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your interest. Waiting on settlement conference.