Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 08:40 PM

customgal is on a distinguished road

FPI,

I totally understand your depression and not being able to focus on work. I, too, am in a similar situation, only it is my (ex) husband who is demanding spousal support from me, at the same amount ($1000 per month) as your ex. I know what it is like to not want to work, being afraid of every penny you earn because it is only more to line your ex's pockets with.

I have thought about quitting my job, going part-time, taking a leave of absence, etc. because I just can't bear to pay this neglectful, mentally abusive person one penny. He does have a job, and like you, I believe he is only trying to bleed me dry. I will have my daughter, and if I have to pay him support, I will not be able to stay in our home with her. If you are interested, read my original thread entitled Paying Spousal Support (if you haven't already) it will give you all the history of my case.

As it stands now, I am refusing all overtime and any extra pay I earn for statutory holidays will be taken in "time", not cash. I am desperately attempting to decrease my yearly salary.

I am glad that someone wrote about "needs" and "means", because I highly doubt he has "needs" -- he is only trying to extort money from me and is using the law as his "weapon" to be able to do so.

I still highly believe, that ALL adults should be responsible for themselves and the choices they make in life -- especially in a country like Canada where there is so much opportunity to learn, educate, and apply for all kinds of jobs. We live in a country where you can do whatever you want to do and if you CHOOSE to sit on the couch and do nothing with your life, how does that make someone else responsible for your support?

I do have a question...what exactly is a case conference? What happens there? My lawyer is currently working on a court application...what exactly is that? He also mentioned the case conference thing, but wasn't very clear on exactly what it is and what I should or could do to prepare for this.

Thanks for the information, and FPI, I certainly hope things work out for you. At least your wife left...my ex is still living in the house after 14 months and not paying anything towards the mortgage.

Customgal
Old 03-09-2006, 08:59 PM

FPI is on a distinguished road
Default Sole Custody

My wfe wants sole custody of my kids, this is the only way she will except my offer. I been doing a lot of thinking about it. She will still let me see my kids but when it is ok with her.
Will this harm me in any way if i do this? As I just want to get this over with.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:08 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

FBI,

I think that all parents should be asking for joint custody. You want to be able to make decisions about your children's lives and future. Don't be bullied into something your not comfortable with for the sake of "getting this over with". Your children need you in their lives as much as their Mother does.
Closed Thread