Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 05:12 PM

sasha1 is on a distinguished road

Oh, and Palden, no way in HE** I'd EVER go back to this jerk! EVER! Although, I wish he'd ask, just so I could have the pleasure of telling him "NO!".
Old 01-13-2006, 05:16 PM

Aden is on a distinguished road
Default I wish....

Sasha ,
I wish I had more of your tenacity... I do.. how can you hook me up with some of that... it felt great to read what you just wrote....I am having a very tough go of it through this and I need some clarity...
press on , .. or walk on as they say..
Aden....
Old 01-13-2006, 05:17 PM

Hey, Aden; we posted at the same time! I didn't know you were there until now. The weird thing is, I keep going back and forth about this lawyer; sometimes I think he's not doing his job for me, then I think about him letting me pay him what I can, when I can and think that he's going above and beyond.. then I wonder if that's not just a way to make money off me (even if it takes a while, he knows my track record is that I pay my bills).. I don't know if I can trust him or not?!! At this point, I don't think I have much choice but to either keep it up with him, or bail out and try to represent myself, but I keep thinking that I'm already $10,000 in debt.. now doesn't seem like the time to stop the fight, KWIM?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:20 PM

Aden, it's easy to have that tenacity... you just gotta get screwed over by the same person for a long time, and many times over... In the words of the infamous Roseanne Connor, "Give me no other choice, and I can just be a remarkable woman!"!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Wow..

Sasha..
In my sitauiation I am actually fearful of upsetting my ex... so that she make sthings harder on me.. I am being told that the bankruptcy which she filed this past week was a way of really protecting her interests, I cannot blame her but shes on the warpath as it is... and is pushing me to resolve our separation agreement, her lawyer was talking court etc etc.. but i have given her - ALL the money i have made this past three months weve been separated.. she was even talking about not getting a divorce over a week ago, then Kaboom!! bankruptcy.. and harsh words... and I am sitting waiting for the next issues to pop up, she told me that I can wait until our lawyeers reach an aggreement then I can see the children,, I am surprised at this since she is very right minded and she knows that i miss our kids.... and that our son in particular misses me... Shes been very pressuring and I am looking at makinga big decision as to whether or not I go bankrupt as well....
So for me, here I am in limbo- waiting for the creditors to start calling me... or I act and clean this mess up somehow.
Shes alos asking for the roof in the amount of 1200.00 /month in support- and I am making just barely 1000.00 at this time... aside form a spotty business I run.. which i need more time to get going...
Big time stress....
Good luck..
Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 PM

Aden, I'm only going on what I understand to be true, mind you, but it's my understanding that a) she does NOT have the right to decide the children cannot see you until the lawyers reach agreement; that is what interim (or interim interim) orders are all about, and b) unless she can show that you are or should be (meaning you're deliberately under-employing yourself) earning more per month, her asking for $1200/mo will not happen. If I'm wrong on that, somebody let me know, because my ex earns anywhere from $75,000 to $95,000 per year, and I'm told his monthly child support amount will be around $1000 per month (2 kids), and his 'offer' of spousal support was for $600/mo for 6 monthes following the separation (that offer was rejected, BTW!).
Old 01-13-2006, 05:50 PM

Default yes you right ....

I am being told that I am being very generous in this department...I have to really think hard on it.. she does not want to go to court at all.. shes mentioned that a few times....so???? I am thinking of seeing what my lawyer can negotiate, he`s the professional at this stuff.. sent you that info by the way as well....
Cheers.
Aden
Old 01-13-2006, 07:08 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Sasha1

Considering his DUI convictions and pending sentence I wouldn't allow him to drive with the children period. Until he has completed a rehab program. What about supervised visits until he sobers up? I'd also try and get the custody straitened out before he is incarcerated.

Yes, the court system is a expensive route to litigate. My ex had to have three court order against him before he finally came up with disclosure. The third Judge finally threatened to strike out his pleadings. He then finally came up with the documents.

Do you, your lawyer have his last 3 years income tax. This should help determine his salary. Do you think he is hiding assets or hiding some of his salary.

You don't seem all that confident in your lawyer, perhaps it is time to look for someone else. Or have legal aid help you with the child support issue then pay for a lawyer for the other issues.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Aden,

I know this is a hard time for you emotionally. Your in the "bewildered" stage. Soon you will be at the "angry" stage. Do not let your ex dictate when you can see your children. Your children have a right to see you and your ex has no right to dictate to you when and how often you can see them until an agreement or court order is in place.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:05 PM

Default Thanks

So yes,
The problem is that she thinks that she can hold them.., yes I am still bewildered.

She seems to blame me for everything these days.. her bankruptcy everything... it is all so very sad.. this issue..
I am trying to do what I can, Thanks,
Aden
Closed Thread