Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2006, 06:49 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Jenny,

I think your 100% right.

Until the divorce laws change, spouses are entitled to support in a lot of cases, regardless if we think it's right or wrong. Best case scenario is to try to have a time limit place on it.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:34 PM

Dianne is on a distinguished road

Hello...

I am new here, and I have done some reading around the forums, and I started here. First of all, I understand that everyone's situation is different, and that at this time in life our emotions are all high.

I am not trying to tell you how you should feel, because that would just be stupid. Feelings are never right or wrong - they simply are. However, as someone on the other end of the spectrum, I felt compelled to write.

When my husband and I separated last year, I was where your wife was at. I had been a stay at home mom, un-employed, etc etc. I also have struggled with my health for years, and in fact, have recently been diagnosed with FMD. It is an awful thing to live with, and I do not blame her for whining. Some people can push through it and work, others choose not to, but that is really not the issue here.

I could give you all the myriads of reasons for which I went for support, but seeing as you are basing your opinions on that which has happened in your own marriage - I will not put myself out there.

Please remember this though. No matter WHAT she did or did not do....she was your wife. You married her, bound to her till death, and all that jazz. You chose to stay all those years that you called her lazy and struggled to get afloat. You made that choice, over and over every day of your relationship.
Whether or not you agree with what her rights are, they are *legally* her rights.

My hope for you is that you come to terms with that before you become so bitter that she ruins you forever. If you are the man you say you are, there will be someone out there who will give you the love and light you deserve. If she is the lazy and cold woman you make her out to be, your support may be all she has to look forward to in life.

Life is never easy, and marriage is a complicated thing. It was a commitment and you now pay for it. She pays too....maybe not in money, but I can guarantee....she pays too.

Dianne

(Who just so you know, is now working full-time and struggles to keep her head afloat just like you do)
Closed Thread