Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 10:54 AM

ensorcelled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
By the way, a huge variable to the dissolution of second marriages is "AGE".

Do we trust stats canada? (Even though it's a .ca?)http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/11-008-...eng.htm#second
What is the average age of people getting a divorce when they have kids? In their 30s? 40s? I honestly don't know and 'googling' will only yield skepticism on your part so I'm asking you to do the necessary searching.

And yes, I trust StatsCan. That's awesome if people can find love again and stay married! I would assume (again, no stats) that in your 40s your kids are older and more responsible therefore the 'trench parenting years' are over and you can focus more on your relationships.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:41 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensorcelled View Post
What is the average age of people getting a divorce when they have kids? In their 30s? 40s? I honestly don't know and 'googling' will only yield skepticism on your part so I'm asking you to do the necessary searching.

And yes, I trust StatsCan. That's awesome if people can find love again and stay married! I would assume (again, no stats) that in your 40s your kids are older and more responsible therefore the 'trench parenting years' are over and you can focus more on your relationships.
Not sure. Do the research if you want. Id rathar stay on topic thoigh.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:30 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Ange I recall that when LF32 had his issue about hair-cut with his ex it was pretty intimidating for him. He was in a similar situation but eventually made the decision to go forward and have it done. His daughter was 3 or 4 at the time. Hair is hair and it grows back. I do not believe that "hair cutting" is considered a major decision and a judge could care less. I'd go ahead and have it done.

With regard to safety issues, I think you should send your ex an email expressing your concern about there not being any netting around the trampoline. Sometimes one has to do what is right (bringing safety issue to ex's attention) and suffer the consequences (angry email from ex). Keep on target with "best interest of the child" and you will go forward making correct decisions.

It stands to reason that you and your ex are unlikely to agree on things in the future. Better to act on your own intuition than to find yourself in an emergency room wringing your hands with worry after your child has suffered a serious injury. Your ex may actually heed your cautionary warning. Child may make a decision not to play on the trampoline until it has been netted.... if you approach the topic with the child in the right manner. "I think it is wonderful that your father has a trampoline for you to play on." "However, I am concerned that you might injure yourself as I think the trampoline should have safety netting."
Old 08-29-2017, 09:33 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Ange I recall that when LF32 had his issue about hair-cut with his ex it was pretty intimidating for him. He was in a similar situation but eventually made the decision to go forward and have it done. His daughter was 3 or 4 at the time. Hair is hair and it grows back. I do not believe that "hair cutting" is considered a major decision and a judge could care less. I'd go ahead and have it done.

With regard to safety issues, I think you should send your ex an email expressing your concern about there not being any netting around the trampoline. Sometimes one has to do what is right (bringing safety issue to ex's attention) and suffer the consequences (angry email from ex). Keep on target with "best interest of the child" and you will go forward making correct decisions.

It stands to reason that you and your ex are unlikely to agree on things in the future. Better to act on your own intuition than to find yourself in an emergency room wringing your hands with worry after your child has suffered a serious injury. Your ex may actually heed your cautionary warning. Child may make a decision not to play on the trampoline until it has been netted.... if you approach the topic with the child in the right manner. "I think it is wonderful that your father has a trampoline for you to play on." "However, I am concerned that you might injure yourself as I think the trampoline should have safety netting."

We just booked the appointment.
I think it's always key to think "best interests of the child". Unfortunately I think it's more about spite and control than it is about what his kids might like or want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 09:40 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I completely agree with this (although I did get back in the "trenches" myself years after the first two, just with a lot different partner). A lot of the success of the marriage depends on maturity and resiliency of the person too I think. Having kids is not for the selfish, that's for sure. I'd say that kids were the reason for my divorce. Well that and the resulting affairs of course. Ex couldn't deal with the loss of his former life as he knew it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 11:02 PM

To all of you who have to parent while going through a difficult separation: Hang in there.

I am so very grateful that I didn't have to deal with the things all of you have to go through. Going through a separation/divorce is difficult enough... it is hard to imagine "co-parenting" with someone you no longer respect or trust.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
To all of you who have to parent while going through a difficult separation: Hang in there.

I am so very grateful that I didn't have to deal with the things all of you have to go through. Going through a separation/divorce is difficult enough... it is hard to imagine "co-parenting" with someone you no longer respect or trust.
It's not just that. For me, it's the 'mopping the floor behind him' that's endlessly annoying. It's raining today and I just got a call from the school that our son can't go outside as he was dropped off in flip flops (they go outside no matter the weather). A big first-week homework assignment (family tree) wasn't done so I spent a good chunk of my parenting time this weekend finishing it (he had our child for 4 days last week while I was in the hospital and could have started it). And yet on our child's school agenda he only put his name, his address and his phone number as the main contact person for our child
Old 09-05-2017, 06:57 PM

so did the school contact your ex?

What a loser... be glad you're rid of him.

I "mopped up" after my ex for many years after our divorce (business) so I know it isn't any fun. Must be hard to be that sunny, positive parent (with regards to the other parent) through these times. Such a crock aint it?

Your kid was likely humiliated (thanks to good old dad). Nothing you can do about that.

Today is first day of school for kids is it not? I'm surprised that schools allow kids to wear beach-wear at school. Perhaps I'm an old fuddy-duddy though.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:15 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's raining today and I just got a call from the school that our son can't go outside as he was dropped off in flip flops (they go outside no matter the weather).
Oh the drama. lol

Your child's school doesn't have inclement weather days for rain? Weird. Thought that wasn't ethical...never heard of it,

Here's an idea, one that I did. We have a pair of indoor shoes and rain boots that stay at the school. Much better of sitting back complaining about ex's in my opinion.

Quote:
A big first-week homework assignment (family tree) wasn't done so I spent a good chunk of my parenting time this weekend finishing it (he had our child for 4 days last week while I was in the hospital and could have started it).
More drama...:-)
I love doing homework with kids. It's such great bonding time. I hope my ex forgets too so I can be part of that.

I swear some ppl just like to sit back and complain.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Oh the drama. lol

Your child's school doesn't have inclement weather days for rain? Weird. Thought that wasn't ethical...never heard of it,

Here's an idea, one that I did. We have a pair of indoor shoes and rain boots that stay at the school. Much better of sitting back complaining about ex's in my opinion.

More drama...:-)
I love doing homework with kids. It's such great bonding time. I hope my ex forgets too so I can be part of that.

I swear some ppl just like to sit back and complain.
Not sure where you are in Ottawa, but our school is urban so they go outside unless there is a lockdown or seriously bad weather. Part of the curriculum that they do 'outdoor learning' too (so going outside for math, geography, etc). It's actually kind of awesome (I swear, kids are better behaved if they spend a lot of time outside) but annoying when you have an ex who can't remember simple things like mittens or rain boots.

As for complaining about your Ex's..I thought that's what this board was for?!?