Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2015, 11:14 PM

Dadx5 is on a distinguished road
Default She filed a motion but claims contempt

So I was served with papers last night. She has throughout the affidavit made claims that she believes are things that I am in contempt of. However she didn't file a contempt motion she filed just a regular motion.

We already had a court date for the same date that she put in for this motion. We are supposed to be going back for a follow up to my contempt motion against her.

Do I respond to her contempt accusations or do I ignore them since this is not a contempt motion. Do I just continue to focus on the motion I have or do I prove that the things she is claiming are false. (I do have documents to prove her accusations of contempt are false)

If she didn't file a contempt motion can it still be heard at as a contempt motion against me?