Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2006, 10:13 PM

honey I'm home is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

I think that the kids should not be stopped from seeking out activities as per any kid, but... I don't think that it's fair if one parent just goes and signs the child up for an activity and THEN expect the other parent to pay 1/2. When it comes to the children it should be discussed first or you foot the bill yourself and smile when you write each cheque ...

I don't agree with splitting hairs when it comes down to something they need above and beyond like braces stuff like that... pay 1/2.... play fair...cause at the end of the day it's the kid that's called rabbit face, and you know what we did (my ex and I split 15 years ago... boy have I had fun... ha ha ha), I had medical/dental at work and he didn't, so I was used to paying for it and, I wanted to ensure that the kids were covered so I had to pay the family rate so I also kept him covered. When the kids became teenagers and both needed braces, he covered paid for them. He is no longer covered as I am no longer working at the same company, but hey... he kept he part of the bargin.

My point is .... at the end of the day, and if it's for the kids .... does it matter who pays the medical/dental/daycare/extra activities.....

Really....
Old 03-15-2006, 04:52 PM

hubby will become famous soon enough

OK, lets say that a parent has a shared custody arrangement with less than 40% and is paying the full child support guidline amount. That this amount takes a BIG chunk out of one spouses NET income thereby putting that one spouse in the position of not being able to provide and maintain any sort of relationship with the children?

Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion, however, after having done some budget crunching with numbers ... one spouse will clearly be disadvantaged!

How have others survived this insanity?

Hubby
Old 03-15-2006, 04:52 PM

hubby will become famous soon enough

OK, lets say that a parent has a shared custody arrangement with less than 40% and is paying the full child support guidline amount. That this amount takes a BIG chunk out of one spouses NET income thereby putting that one spouse in the position of not being able to provide and maintain any sort of relationship with the children?

Maybe I'm blowing this out of proportion, however, after having done some budget crunching with numbers ... one spouse will clearly be disadvantaged!

How have others survived this insanity?

Hubby
Closed Thread