Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2014, 04:35 PM

Little Leprechaun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
The child's father lives in Ireland does he not?

I'd have a BIG problem with this.
Yes thats's correct arabian. We have contacted Legal Aid Ontario who won't discuss things with us so my husband has written off to his MP.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:42 PM

I agree with you all. It is outrageous indeed. I will keep you all posted as to what the outcome is. I don't want to go into too detail but this man is a cretin. I have been somewhat kind to his character in this thread in a bid to be factual.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:47 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Just remember, you need factual evidence of everything or your concerns will be totally blown off. Maybe your lawyer can do some discrete inquiring for you. I know some lawyer have license to practice law in more than one country but I've never heard of Legal Aid doing the same thing.

Sure let's just toss all of our legal aid resources to non-Canadians [sarcasm]
Old 02-28-2014, 04:55 PM

In terms of him not being involved in any of the extra curricular activities I can get notarized letters from the dance teacher, swim teacher etc. is this the kid of thing that would help? I also have a neighbour who has witnessed my child being forced into a car by him hyperventilating and numerous friends who have witnessed how verbally abusive he was and how often he would ring me to make threats (in front of my child). Would any of this actually help?
Old 02-28-2014, 05:04 PM

I was talking in terms of the legal aid thing (getting documentation).
Old 02-28-2014, 05:05 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Leprechaun View Post
In terms of him not being involved in any of the extra curricular activities I can get notarized letters from the dance teacher, swim teacher etc. is this the kid of thing that would help? I also have a neighbour who has witnessed my child being forced into a car by him hyperventilating and numerous friends who have witnessed how verbally abusive he was and how often he would ring me to make threats (in front of my child). Would any of this actually help?
Not likely.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I was talking in terms of the legal aid thing (getting documentation).
Ah ok. The case conference judge ordered him to provide full income details for the last year. This shows his and his partners income! My lawyer has copies of all of this!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:54 PM

I could be incorrect but Legal Aid provides certificates based on your income. Maybe he is merely using a lawyer who works for Legal Aid but is paying full price? I could see that if that is the case that all you probably would expect to receive is a letter back stating that the matter was investigated and they [MP] are satisfied that no policy has been breached. I certainly hope that is the situation in this case.

Sometimes people hire Legal Aid and then get a job or their income increases. Once they go through the allotted hours they would likely have to re-apply. I'm sure your lawyer would be able to do an inquiry without causing too much of a stir?
Old 02-28-2014, 08:22 PM

I'm 100% certain that he is in receipt of legal aid as it is on his financial statement. Says he pays $40 per month towards his legal aid bill! He has worked for the same company for the last 6 years too so no income has changed. Let's hope the MP gets back to us with an explanation. My lawyer said he can look into it but it's an added cost which we'd rather avoid. Especially as it's looking likely it will proceed to trial.

Tags
custody, ocl, overseas, settlement, trial