Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Amara0216 is on a distinguished road
Default Settlement Conference delays?

I was hoping someone could provide feedback on how to deal with the other party (or their lawyer rather) constantly stalling. The settlement conferences that are scheduled are constantly being adjourned due to the other lawyer always being "not available". This is now the 4th time, only being notified only a couple days prior. At this point it has been nearly a year trying to have this conference take place, all due to the delays from this lawyer (and almost two years in the court systems). My lawyer has agreed to the adjournments saying the judge would most likely grant them anyway. This lawyer is also doing the same with motion dates....and any and all other court things.

If anyone could provide advice or feedback on if/how this can be stopped, I would be very grateful!

Side note: this lawyer has been mentioned on this forum before, including in case law and has a clear reputation for this type of behaviour and being overly difficult.