Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2017, 10:41 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Service Timelines

I might be worrying too much about nothing but help me out with this one:

My partners cc is on a Friday which means the ex has to serve him by the earlier Friday at the latest. He is scheduled to be out of town the three days of the weekend. Plus his response needs to be couriered back.

Should he advise his ex that he wont be able to accept service that day and she should get them to him earlier or are we worrying too much?

(Shes notorious for not meeting deadlines which is my concern).
Old 07-14-2017, 08:28 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Should he advise his ex that he wont be able to accept service that day and she should get them to him earlier or are we worrying too much?
If she sends him the documents to his address then service is complete. He does not need to sign for them or be home; that is his responsibility.

It is a case conference, not a trial - while preferable to see the other side's hand before you complete your own material, he should know approximately what she will say based on her Application and be able to draft his brief accordingly.