Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2017, 09:23 AM

lasach is on a distinguished road
Default Served with divorce papers with errors

Hi. I have 2 questions about being served with divorce papers. My ex has made errors in that both our ages are wrong on the application of divorce although the birthdays are correct. It's an uncontested divorce and I wasn't planning on responding so how do I go about fixing this? I'd rather deal with the court and not him.
The second question I have concerns any supporting documents he filed with the court. We have a signed separation agreement and I see that he had to file that with the court with his application. Was he supposed to send me all supporting docs that he filed with the court? We had various versions of the agreement before we finally signed. I can only assume he's not stupid enough to file the wrong separation agreement but shouldn't I have received a copy of all the documents he submitted as well? Thanks for your help.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

You should have gotten a copy of all the documents. You can fix the errors with an affidavit attached to your reply. They are minor things that are not that important.

The actual sep agreement needs to be there and a copy of the marriage certificate. If they are not simply attach them to your Reply to the Application.