Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2015, 01:54 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

I wonder if there would be CPP pension splitting if a seperation were to occur "today" for a 60 yr old ex and how that would affect a 65 year old recieving CPP currently, I understand that there is two components to 65 year olds income currently....company PLUS gov.

Also both parties are entitled to OAS I'm not sure when that starts now...maybe 66 yr.

I'm also ignorant on disability monies and how it works with CPP or OAS

Things to consider regardless.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:48 PM

Franklin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had a complete change of heart and mind regarding your situation.

I think you should seek counseling for you and your wife , mabey take short separate vacations that suit her needs more than yours as she is in need of more than you.

This woman needs you and it just may be you need her. Divorce is ugly. Marriage is just a bunch of work but those us who like to work can endure it to the end.

Find a way to recharge your batteries and get back to your wife. Let her recharge her batteries and she may come back to you just enough to make the difference.

My previous posts are to be ignored. I totally disagree with my statements now . I must have been suffering a mental relapse from my own emotional ringer. Please find a professional to assist you and your wife in seeking out the appropriate counseling.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:55 AM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
It sounds like he needs a bit of a break from caring for his wife, he is overwhelmed. Maybe he needs to look into having someone come in to help with some of the day to day stuff. I echo the whole talking to social services to see what help is available.
^^^ this sounds like very good advice to me. Caregiving is a huge burden, especially for someone with significant mental health issues. Having some outside help with the daily things could make life much easier. I don't know much about divorce at this age but it sounds like it could possibly create more problems for the OP than it would solve. He could end up committing more of his limited resources to his soon-to-be-ex-wife than he would if he stayed married and just decided to live psychologically and socially apart from his wife, while remaining husband and wife in name only. I wish him luck - this is not the retirement that anyone hopes for.