Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2016, 06:24 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

If you say so.....we just have to take the words that we read online for what they are worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
It's also possible that the guys an ass. Rockscan is anything but biased .. trust me.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:47 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefull View Post
If you say so.....we just have to take the words that we read online for what they are worth
Yea ... That's usually the toughest part with these forums. Trust me about Rock she's good peoples.
Old 11-03-2016, 12:54 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

....words to live by, "trust me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Yea ... That's usually the toughest part with these forums. Trust me about Rock she's good peoples.
Old 11-03-2016, 03:03 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
It's designed by lawyers to do things the lawyer way. This leaves out everyone else who isn't a lawyer. It's an old boys (and girls) club and outsiders aren't welcome.
Yes, the courts are evolved from their historical origins where only lawyers could make arguments.

The family courts are (and continue to) evolving to be more user friendly. Nonetheless, procedure is important to ensure fairness of process.

It beats a system where everyone brings their kids to court and whoever they walk to first gets custody - even if that system would be faster and cheaper.

Quote:
Win or loose, the lawyer gets paid. The longer things drag out, the more both lawyers benefit. Loose the case, you still get paid.
Win or lose - because the lawyer did the work. It is only 30% of cases that are won (or lost) by the lawyer. Sometimes bad lawyers win cases they have bungled because the judge sees what is fair; or good lawyers lose cases for clients who have unreasonable positions.

Again, as a matter of history, all barristers have an obligation to take on their client's case and represent them well. If the lawyer believes they will go down in flames the client should be aware of the risk (or almost-certainty, depending). Ultimately the decision falls to the party since it is their life to live.

There are many examples of legal fees that appear excessive. There are many examples of lawyers who have done good work for little remuneration. Examples could be found for most professions.

Quote:
Lawyer's who game the system are difficult to catch. Everything is subjective. I imagine (I'm not an expert) that a lawyer has to very blatantly screw up to be scanctioned.
Some lawyers are not very good. There are incompetent individuals in every field. Do some research before hiring a lawyer and seek out a second (or third) opinion at the start and again in the middle. People take hours to research their new car - why not put the same thought and care into hiring a lawyer?
Old 11-03-2016, 03:12 PM

m-chan68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
People take hours to research their new car - why not put the same thought and care into hiring a lawyer?
Hey!!! Now you're stepping onto MY profession.

Ask me to define jurisprudence, habias corpus, mens reas and actus reas...
...along with a host of other Latin words and I'm lost. Oops, modis operandi is "method of operation" isn't it?
Old 11-04-2016, 09:33 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

If you are a bad client and an idiot no matter how good your lawyer is your case is lost.

In fact, very good lawyers are good lawyers because they can smell a bad client from a mile away. Judges get to know these "good lawyers" because they have a history of not bringing nutbars into the court room. Other lawyers will take any stupid argument forward.