Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 03:07 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

Yes and the great thing about a 30k legal bill from a Trial. The Order from a Trial can easily be thrown into the garbage by the other party for whatever reason after it, and it's almost impossible to use Contempt of Court in Family Court

The Court system is clogged with people trying to enforce Orders it's ridiculous. Judges don't enforce there Order's and because they don't throw the book at people for disobeying a Court Order the Trials are a joke.

Not to mention the perjury and continous lying under oath that goes on at Trials

Last edited by MrToronto; 05-13-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:31 PM

ninehundredt is on a distinguished road

From what I'm hearing I'll have to represent myself at trial anyway, as there is no way possible for me to afford a lawyer under those circumstances. At the same time it is likely the same situation with my ex. I very much doubt she could come up with $30k let alone $10k in preparation for a trial.

Hoping it doesn't come to this.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:12 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'll have to represent myself at trial anyway, as there is no way possible for me to afford a lawyer under those circumstances. At the same time it is likely the same situation with my ex.
If the issues are money, this would be an excellent reason to settle.

If the issues are children, why not reach an agreement and put the money saved into an RESP?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
If the issues are money, this would be an excellent reason to settle.

If the issues are children, why not reach an agreement and put the money saved into an RESP?
The only point of dispute is custody and access. There is no debate over any assets. I want joint custody and she wants sole custody.

There is no rationale for this going to trial. I'm merely preparing myself for how stubborn my ex is. Most sensible people would find my offer more than fair.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sioux View Post
In otherwords.....she wants more money i.e. table amount as opposed to an offset amount. What are the reasons she has given to date? Am sure a judge will like to now why she wants sole custody
No I don't believe money is an issue, as I'm presently paying full guideline CS. She can't get more, and is not eligible for SS.

Her reasoning for sole custody is frivolous. She basically says that she doesn't trust me, and that I'm unreliable. That's her case. No evidence/proof to back any of it up. Just wasting everyone's time and money to drag out the inevitable.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:23 AM

OntarioDaddyMan is on a distinguished road

Be careful Ninehundredt. My ex is claiming that i make it difficult for decisions to be made and therefore should have Sole Custody.

Her claims are false and baseless. In fact, I have evidence to prove that it is her who makes decisions difficult by being unreasonable and inconsistent.

If your ex has sought legal advice, your ex was probably coached on how to proceed with her claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
Be careful Ninehundredt. My ex is claiming that i make it difficult for decisions to be made and therefore should have Sole Custody.

Her claims are false and baseless. In fact, I have evidence to prove that it is her who makes decisions difficult by being unreasonable and inconsistent.

If your ex has sought legal advice, your ex was probably coached on how to proceed with her claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also have evidence (all her emails since the dawn of time) which will be submitted during the case. Based on what I've read on Tayken's threads, judges don't want to hear a lot of BS. Simple facts move mountains. I'm counting on this. Hopefully things will work out in our favor.