Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2014, 07:34 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

It's totally ridiculous. Tax payers money down the drain for one thing.

I was totally surprised at the start of my tribulations that my ex would even disobey a court order. For the 3 decades we were together he was a law-abiding individual. I do recall that many, many years ago he used to have me go to court for him for traffic fines to do with our trucking business. It wasn't uncommon for our employees to take semis into restricted areas or get overweight fines etc. My job was to go and plead "not guilty" on his behalf. It was so stupid really. When the matter was heard with a judge my ex would babble on and on, taking up precious court time, and finally the judge would say "MR. XX what is your plea?" My ex would say "guilty I guess." This happened pretty much anytime there was a ticket issued. I used to berate him for this. It was embarrassing to say the least.

I think my ex has taken that same mentality and applied it to our divorce. This back and forth to court is a total nuisance and waste of everyone's time. He simply believes his own bullshit. The last time I talked to him on the phone I told him to get a decent lawyer. His response was "I have talked to dozens of lawyers and they're all idiots." Then he went on to blather about how his previous lawyers were all liars and the judge at our divorce was an idiot.

How can I rationalize with someone like this? So I just carry on. I do hope there will be an end to this sometime soon. A judge seized our case a year ago and I hope that pays off this year and we get some resolution to his repeated litigation.

Until a judge shuts him down once and for all, by demanding he post a substantial security for costs deposit in the future, he will continue. I am quite certain of this.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:37 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Who knows what lurks in my STBX's mind - as far as I'm concerned he's about as smart as a doorknob! I have a 3 year restraining order against him - maybe he figures dragging me to court is his only option at annoying me?

I do try to be Zen about all this, yet there are times when I feel that the only way this BS will end is when one of us expires - not a healthy thought, I know.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the courts actually did something about egregious litigants? Yes, they can be charged with costs, though a truly intransigent person won't care. There should be a limit of how many times one can file useless motions?

Last edited by Janibel; 03-28-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo