Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2015, 08:56 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default Security for Costs in Custody/Access case.

Hi All

It almost impossible to get (normally for the good reason) but if you endure harassment for long enough family court system may finally get tired too.

Here is latest on the topic. Hopefully will help someone in the future.

2015 ONSC 3684 (CanLII)

Regards,
WD
Old 06-12-2015, 09:12 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Man, she will never change.

Hope things are well WD.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:49 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Parts of that decision are interesting for LF32 with respect to the free ride legal aid litigants get.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:47 AM

YoungDad23 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting WD, very interesting and impressive judgement.

Good to see the legal system putting all the pieces together and holding your ex accountable for her malicious and bad faith tactics.

I too am facing an ex with free LAO lawyer and who has made several outrageous allegations which have all been proven false.

Keep up the good fight and hope you enjoy the summer with your son!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:18 AM

LawHelp is on a distinguished road

Good for you!!! You got lucky to have a series of good judges. I tried that in my case to show how many lies my ex had made and misled the courts and CAS, but the judge didn't allow me to spend any time on these issues. Just wanted to jump into numbers! Weird!
Old 06-12-2015, 12:36 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love love love this caselaw.

Thank you WD!!
Old 06-12-2015, 03:58 PM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

As always, both my congrats and condolences on continuing to have to deal with this. You're doing the best you can.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:10 AM

Franklin is an unknown quantity at this point

That reads like a fairy tail except what happens after the first trial judgement. The scariest part of this case is how easy it would have been for the App to have the chance to leave the country with this child if she had only told the court what they wanted to hear.

It takes a most intelligent father and a most ignorant mother 2 trials, countless motions and tons of legal aid and OCL to get to this point, and we applaud this judgement. I do hope this is change a coming but this happens every day. Next to hold accountable are the authorities who continue it.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:03 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I sincerely hope that this recent decision keeps your ex out of court for a while WorkingDad. I now how draining continuous litigation can be. I think this is a thoughtful decision which gives you relief from petty litigation (hopefully) and yet gives your ex a constructive plan-of-action should she seriously want to move towards enhanced access.

Have a pleasant and litigation-free summer!
Old 06-13-2015, 09:13 PM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I sincerely hope that this recent decision keeps your ex out of court for a while WorkingDad. I now how draining continuous litigation can be. I think this is a thoughtful decision which gives you relief from petty litigation (hopefully) and yet gives your ex a constructive plan-of-action should she seriously want to move towards enhanced access.

Have a pleasant and litigation-free summer!
thank you Arabian. That is a dream. Here's what I got from mommy when asked for consent for travel so may be we can go somewhere

Giving a position we are currently in. ...I think it is wise to wait until case settles. How you can plan anything , if we are constantly in the court? Please, get back until everything goes back to normal, whatever the normal would be. Now you have appeal to respond to, than appeal to be in court, than motion to change respond to, then said motion to change.... Trial..... that would take time , than Maksik would be in school.

so as I said... that is a dream

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk