Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2016, 12:39 PM

bmw1122 is on a distinguished road
Default Search old cases

Is there way to search old cases?

if they're not public is there a service that can dig up old cases if we know the name of the person involved?
Old 09-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1122 View Post
Is there way to search old cases?

if they're not public is there a service that can dig up old cases if we know the name of the person involved?
The Central Registry of Divorce Proceedings

Start there. You will get the divorce information and know which court house it was done in. From there you can either go yourself and order the records and review them or you can hire a "service provider" to get them. If the file is huge it can be $$$ to get a copy. Most court houses charge $1 a page to photocopy. If the record is really old they will have to get it from archives and it can take months to get it.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:29 PM

bmw1122 is on a distinguished road

it says : " The Registry may only give you information about someone else's divorce if you need it to enforce a law or if you have the consent of one of the parties."

its basically. I just had a case conference. My ex's employee ( a teacher) she works under. Apparently was kicked out of a private school for child-molestation (not sure if police were called in)
- even in his own divorce- he's not allowed to be near his kids or allowed even phone calls.

- for me its just that why is my ex taking my B4 close to him or he's trying to cause problems but whatever
Old 09-02-2016, 01:42 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1122 View Post
it says : " The Registry may only give you information about someone else's divorce if you need it to enforce a law or if you have the consent of one of the parties."

its basically. I just had a case conference. My ex's employee ( a teacher) she works under. Apparently was kicked out of a private school for child-molestation (not sure if police were called in)
- even in his own divorce- he's not allowed to be near his kids or allowed even phone calls.

- for me its just that why is my ex taking my B4 close to him or he's trying to cause problems but whatever
Do you know the court house it would have been filed in? Call the court house. I would also recommend calling the registry. I do it all the time. They will tell you what court house the file is at. They won't tell you much more than that.

You can always hire a service provider to get the file.

Unless the person in question has access to the kids then, it isn't worth your time. If the other parent simply works for the person it doesn't mean that person has access to the kids. Don't dig holes where you don't need any.

Here is a step by step guide on how to do it in Ontario.

http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/en/acc...in_ontario.pdf
Old 02-07-2017, 12:45 AM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road

I found the local division and courthouse, I knew the name of one of the parties. I literally walked into the courthouse, waited in line at the division window (did this for civil, small claims and family - all for the same person). Because I was not a party on any of the files I had to pay $10/court record to access the file. They gave me the file, I looked at it in front of the clerk, told her/him what pages to copy. I paid my $1/page and done

Last edited by Bellbaby; 02-07-2017 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Spelling error