Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 AM

paris is on a distinguished road

In the beginning my husbands was deducted from his pay. I think it was sent to her bi-weekly. If there was a long weekend he got calls from his ex. FRO was always a day late sending it to her. He made an extra payment to FRO so that it was always 2 weeks ahead, then the payments weren't late to her any more.

When his youngest was 8, his ex called to say she hadn't received $ for 2 weeks. FRO had sent a letter to his employer to stop the enforcement because his youngest had turned 18. oops

They can and will make mistakes, but they are generally much easier to deal with than your ex.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:08 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I've been preaching this for years on this forum. I don't get why people are so freaked out by FRO even if it happens to be deducted off of pay every week or month. A person probably has much more flexibility with FRO than their ex should a interim payment arrangement need to be arranged (due to one of life's surprises).

FRO is good and bad. There are certain drawbacks but if you have a straightforward case and your income doesn't change AND you don't want to deal with your ex, its good.

Communicating with them or making any changes is where the pain comes from. If you want to change anything and your ex is difficult, its bad.

Its unfortunate that they aren't able to make updates that are listed in the law like when income changes. Or do calculations for section 7.

Still, its a shock when you get that package of forms and you are made to feel like a deadbeat because their tagline is "good parents pay" and its plastered over all the documents!
Old 02-23-2017, 11:31 AM

m-chan68 is on a distinguished road

Speaking of which.....Do I still need to fill out those forms and submit them? I've been at my same employer for the last 13 and counting years, and not planning on moving anywhere anytime soon. I already submitted payment yesterday. After all, that's all that really matters isn't it?
Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I thought your message to her was fine.
I think that a good way to judge a message is by the BIFF principles often quoted on this forum.

Brief: It wasn't that brief, could have been much shorter.
Informative: It was slightly informative, though peppered with opinion
Friendly: It was not friendly at all
Factual: maybe

I think that it was a lousy message.