Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 01:49 PM

otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road
Default SC - Transcription

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to acquire a copy of the transcription of what was said during my last SC.

I was at the courthouse this morning and they refered me to the Authorized Court Transcription for Ontario services. I spoke with one of their reps, turns out they only have access to Trial transcription and not CC or SC transcriptions.

The judge at SC made a statement regarding what would be considered a "material change"

Turns out that exact situation in happening, i'm in the process of filing a "motion for change" based on this change she mentioned.

I'd like to have a copy of the transcript to use for my motion for change.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:27 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by otttawa_dad View Post
I'd like to have a copy of the transcript to use for my motion for change.
I believe you can now get an audio recording of it. Check this site for postings from WOrkingDad on the audio recordings of various hearings. He gets them a lot. They are not official transcripts.

Also, sorry to say... You can't use any of the materials from a Settlement Conference as evidence. It is against the Family Law Rules.

See rule 17.(23):

Quote:
CONFIDENTIALITY OF SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE

(23) No brief or evidence prepared for a settlement conference and no statement made at a settlement conference shall be disclosed to any other judge, except in,

(a) an agreement reached at a settlement conference; or

(b) an order. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 17 (23).
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/990114

You won't get consent from the other party to include it. If you include it without consent it will be struck and you will have your hand slapped.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 PM

otttawa_dad is on a distinguished road

Just spoke with my "lawyer" (consulting) not representing.

You're right Tayken, what is said during the SC can't be used in any following matter.

Thanks for the input, always much appreciated. You guys/gal are a wealth of info.

I'm likely going to be starting a new thread or updating my Motion for Change thread in the new future.

keep posted
Old 11-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

it cant be used UNLESS a settlement was reached then the minutes are fair game.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:18 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
it cant be used UNLESS a settlement was reached then the minutes are fair game.
This is correct. Any agreements reached can be used. I am not sure about what was said though. Agreements reached at an SC are part of the continuing record as required by the Rules.