Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 AM

charlieb1 is on a distinguished road

SusieCanoe you are exactly right..the system has nothing to do with gender.. trust me as I am a women who got burned but am taking it further..the system is definitely adversal and from what I seen just when you think common sense should dictate...it doesn't in the courts!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:08 PM

susiecanoe is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately in the end, I lost. I just ran out of money and the emotional toil was too much. If I had the energy I would advocate for a change in the system, the problem is though, that most of us after years of injustice just give up and don't have any fight left in us afterwards to advocate for change. Even thought the office of the childrens lawyer, and the assessors all stated it was not in my children's best interests to reside in the other home, at the end the Judge didn't even read or listen to the facts. I now have no contact with any of my children as the father has made it so difficult for them to have a relationship with me, that they have chosen to appease him and keep the peace while they live there. I will have to wait until they are adults for them to reach out again. I've moved on with my life, but I still miss them and cry a lot.