Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2017, 09:16 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Find a case where ROFR was court ordered during the other parent's time when it was facilitating the parent's employment involving a school aged child and I will gladly retract the statement.

1. No.
2. Get the schedule changed to 50 50 and you each worry about if the child needs daycare during your own time. Daycare costs continue to be shared proportionate to income as a section 7 expense.
3. It's up to the custodial parent to decide what they do with the child on their time. You decide on yours. She decides on hers. Period.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:22 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

That case involves a young child in school part time and a one year old. Also a completely different scenario than the before and after school care you are describing.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:28 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Thanks blink, it helps a bunch.

The only concern I have is with her putting child in daycare every day of the week that she has her.

I am sorry but I believe time should always go to family before 3rd parties. I.e, father, grandparents, then others.

Here is another case, FYI. Is the 24hours total time that child has to be in daycare? as in, if the child has to be in daycare overnight?

Quote:
30. In the event that either party is not available to care for the child for a period of more than twenty four hours during their time with the child, they shall give the other party the option of caring for the child prior to arranging for a third party to provide child care.
http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onsc/doc...resultIndex=50

Last edited by trinton; 01-13-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:14 PM

It is 24 consecutive hours. Not 24 hours split over the course of several days a week.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:41 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
It is 24 consecutive hours. Not 24 hours split over the course of several days a week.
Thanks. I think that is what I had seen before. But I will search again when I have more time.