Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 AM

JayBon is on a distinguished road
Default Right Court

Couple questions

I have a Final Order from Ontario Court of Justice filed April/07 in Toronto. In june /09 I had completed a motion to change order and this was completed in the Superior Court in Barrie.

I was just served court papers for a court date in Ontario Court in Toronto.

1. SHould they not have filed a Form 15 - motion to change the order? I received a Form 8 general application with no boxes checked....honestly not sure which form I should be replying with- 10 I guess.

2. Should this not be filed with the Superior court, since that is where the last final order was completed as opposed to Ontario Court of Justice?
It is funny, on the court Form 8, they have the court file number from the first order, and made no mention or attachment of the latest order- this cannot be right.

Thanks

Jason

Last edited by JayBon; 03-28-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Miss.Stepmom is on a distinguished road

Where does the child reside? That is the jurisdiction the motion should be filed in. If there is already a Final order you are correct it should be a motion to change. Reply with response to motion to change.
Closed Thread