Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 11:49 AM

RKM is on a distinguished road
Default Reserved Judgement?

I had an uncontested trial... and my Judge reserved their judgement. She said someone would contact me, no one has and it has been a little over a month now.

I read on here that some people's have taken from 1 week to 5 months. Some stated that they called into the court filing office and they said a judgement had been made, and they went in to pick it up... but I cannot seem to find the court filing office's number for my district.

If you had a reserved judgement, how were you notified about it? Mail, phone, e-mail, ect?

I am a single mother, with sole custody (ex abused us) of three children, and currently getting little to no financial support (depending on the month) when my ex makes three figures. I had to wait 3 months for a trial date, and now waiting longer is even worse. It is really frustrating.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:50 PM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

I am awaiting a judgement as well, its been about 3 or 4 weeks. My lawyer said he's notify me
Old 10-06-2017, 01:14 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
If you had a reserved judgement, how were you notified about it?
The decision will be e-mailed from the judge's assistant to you.

Judges have 6 months to rule on any motion or trial. Generally, this happens much faster.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:14 PM

RKM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by denbigh View Post
I am awaiting a judgement as well, its been about 3 or 4 weeks. My lawyer said he's notify me

Frustrating Please keep me updated when you find out.

And thank you Orleans Lawyer for responding... greatly appreciated.