Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2006, 12:17 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Duped,

It does not seem fair that you had to go through the process. I suspect your ex may of contested your stance in the hope that you would just give up and walk away. Your child will thank you someday that you fought hard to be a meaningful part of their life.

lv
Old 07-08-2006, 01:01 AM

god knows the truth will become famous soon enough
Question

That's a situation i'm talking about; if this wasn't such a world wide way for everyone to read and 'dig dirt', then I would tell you my 6 years of nonsense.(so far) 10,000 is a low number considering this is our court system. You have to spend the moneyregardless, beg, borrow , sell everything you've worked hard for to pay a lawyer to defend you against lies, garbage,etc. and then b/c it drags on , everyoone loses sight of what the main oint is. It's then so convoluted, legal letters, affidavits, motion are being sent around town like there's no tomorrow and the bills keep pouring in from lawyer. at this point the entire case is out of control and it's an entire money grab----if you quit you lose so you have to continue.YET THE SIDE WHO DRAGS IF OUT AND SIDETRACKS THE ISSUE AT HAND CAN (AND HAS ON SOME OCCASIONS) GET COSTS.
Jeff, you said higher costs would eliminate and force parties to settle-not if you're dealing with an unreasonable person who is out to destroy and doesn't care if he ever advances in life b/c he's never had anything except what I had b/f I met him and what I accumulated by working VERY hard for several years!!!!!!!! so no higher costs is not the answer, but I do understand your point.
Closed Thread